1. I have loved all the posts about self worth and body image lately. As a challenge, g asked us to post a photo we feel GOOD about. After digging through pictures, I realized that my favorite recent picture of ME is just 2 posts below this one, from NYE with my family. It's the first picture of myself in I can't tell you how long where I am completely uncritical of myself. I've been working hard. I can finally see it.
2. As much as I haven't been talking about it, I've been running a decent amount. Even with no training plan in place, I've been logging some quality miles. As of 1/8, I'd already run more this January than the entire month of January 2011, and just because I want to. Contributing greatly to my success has been the Spring-like weather we've been having. Which is coming to a close, but it was good while it lasted.
3. We are expecting 8 inches of snow here today. And as crazy as my sister thinks I am, I was SO SO looking forward to running in the snow this morning. Alas, all we are getting right now is that 34 degree nasty cold drizzle that I hate. Is it wrong that I am putting off my run so that I DO get to run in the snow? Do you like running in the snow as much as I do? Or do you think (like my sister does) that I am a complete whack job?
Some of my favorite runs ever were last winter with the snow coming down around me. I even know people who went running during the blizzard last February. So, no, I don't think you're crazy. I'd much rather run in snow than drizzle or rain.
ReplyDeleteI despise drizzle. I just hate it. Give me full on rain or snow, but no drizzle.
ReplyDeleteI wish it could snow and also be warm out. I love to run in the snow but get so cold that it isn't as much fun. In the summer I like running in the rain, but definitely not when it is cold out. I can't wait to see if we actually get the snow we are supposed to get!
ReplyDeleteI don't mind running in the snow either! But I do worry about slipping on it. Or it hiding icy spots :)
ReplyDeleteI like running in the snow if there is enough of a path cleared off for me to run on. But I do confess that I would rather run when it is nice out!
ReplyDeleteThis spring like weather has been good for the miles this January!
You are a good kind of nuts for the snow running thing :) I love running in the snow!! My racing schedule for the next month kinda speaks for itself in that regard. Snowman's Half, Jan 28th: you in?
ReplyDeleteI love running just to run.
ReplyDeleteThe snow is finally here...
Nah, you're not a whack job at all! I love running in the snow too! It's a better version of pavement ":)
ReplyDeletesnowing here all day... can't wait for hubs to get home so I can go play/run in it!
ReplyDeleteHey - just noticed you'll be @ Wisconsin on May 5. Bloggy meetup! I'm running the full there. :)
ReplyDeleteThe snow has arrived! Maybe you'll get that snow run in today after all!
ReplyDeleteSnow is WAY better than rain...though I don't think I've ever attempted it in 8 inches of the fluffy stuff! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThat sucks about your friend. I will keep your friends in my prayers. :(
ReplyDeleteI am not a fan of running in the snow but I would take it over running on a treadmill any day. Nice job on the miles!
ReplyDeleteI love running while it's snowing out. We, here, have ice now - BOO (no worries, I have yak trax).
ReplyDeleteYou should shout from the mountain tops all the running you do . . . I'd listen (or read as the case may be) and be here (sorry it's not closer) to give you a big ol' high five!
It is a great picture, but I have to think that any picture of you with people you love or doing something you love would be a great one!
I love running while it's snowing out. We, here, have ice now - BOO (no worries, I have yak trax).
ReplyDeleteYou should shout from the mountain tops all the running you do . . . I'd listen (or read as the case may be) and be here (sorry it's not closer) to give you a big ol' high five!
It is a great picture, but I have to think that any picture of you with people you love or doing something you love would be a great one!
That really is a great picture of you. :) Your hard work is obvious!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with you on running in the snow! It snowed here a little bit today and I couldn't WAIT to get off work to run in it! What I DIDN'T factor into that decision, though, was the wind. We had like 40 MPH gusts. Running in snow is not as much fun when it's blowing into your face at 40 MPH. lol
Yes, your sister thinks you are a whack job. I nearly cried with the weather forecast, LOL. I will be at the gym this weekend, with all the smelly sweaty people confined to the walls and lack of scenery. Maybe i will download some nature sounds to my Ipod, LOL...Love u!
ReplyDeleteI ran outside in the snow tonight on trails. Running through snow is a lot harder than running on the clear streets. However, the beauty and peacefullness makes up for it. I think you are completely normal!
ReplyDeleteWell, me calling you a whack job would be the pot calling the kettle black, so I will refrain :)
ReplyDeleteThe weather has been awesome, hasn't it? I almost died pumping gas today, the shock! I've been running a lot more too, and it feels great!
You look awesome in the family photo! www.dashingdiva.net
ReplyDeleteI love running in the snow! It's so peaceful and serene, spiritual even. I was out when the snow arrived with a vengeance yesterday. A little brutal but somehow one of the best runs ive had.
ReplyDeleteYAY for 2012 starting off to some great mileage - woohoo! Keep it up, it will make your next race that much easier to train for.
ReplyDeleteI hate the snow and I hate running in it. I know hates a strong work, but it fits :). I know why old people flock to Florida in the winter now :). I'd actually like winter if it just lasted about a month and not 7!