Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tag!

I mentioned yesterday that Adam tagged me, so let's get to the questions...

1. What are you most proud of accomplishing in 2010?


Um, there were lots of things in 2010 that I was really really proud of.

That said, not one of them came even close to the pride I felt on this day.

Sorry, but that question was way too easy. First marathon. Complete. Felt good. Nuff said.

2. What are your running goals for 2011?
So I ran a marathon in 2010. I think we've established that. But I never wanted to be "one and done" with running my first marathon. I never wanted my first to be my last. I felt (and still feel) like I did the bare minimum required to finish up in Chicago. So in 2011, I want to do more than that. I want to keep going. My goals this year are to a) keep improving, b) run 1000 miles and c) break 5 hours in a marathon distance. I don't know if I can do that in June when I'm running with my sister, but you never know. I have yet to pick a fall marathon, but I really want to run one (Twin Cities maybe?)...

3. What is your favorite race?
I'm so new to this that this is a tough question for me. I really like the half marathon distance, and see a lot of those in my future. And as much as I loved the big city races I did this year (both the Chicago Rock-n-Roll half and the Chicago marathon) my favorite race was the small town half marathon I did in September, the Lake Country half. I was coming off a month of no running due to injury, I managed to PR, and I crossed the finish line with my kids. It was really a special day for me.

4. What is your favorite holiday guilty pleasure?
Usually I'd say cookies. But this year it's been cheesecake. Way too much cheesecake. Made even worse by the considerable LACK of running happening over here...

5. What was your most embarrassing running moment?
First of all, I am not one to embarrass easily. I have delivered 4 babies, for God's sake, all in the hospital. The first 2 were in a TEACHING hospital. Which means the entire staff were up close and personal with my privates at some point. It makes you want to wave at those lingering in the hallway, "Anyone else wanna have a look?!?!" So I find this more funny than embarrassing - my very first 10 mile run ever, I didn't make it home in time. I thought I could do it, but in reality, I needed home to be about a half mile closer than it was. Yes, I pooped myself a little. And my husband has made fun of me about it ever since, getting in a dig whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I'm supposed to tag people, but I'm lazy and have a gajillion things to do before we leave for Florida in THREE DAYS!! I'm not even CLOSE to being ready.

7 comments:

  1. 2010 was a great year - looking forward to what you do in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the running and getting the "gotta gos's" at the same time. I had to actually run/walk/waddle an extra mile last fall to get to the porta potty on the trail I was running on because it was too far to go back. Uggh!

    Have a wonderful Christmas and vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you had a beer in your hand in your Chicago picture! :)

    Yeah, I think we've all been there with answer #5. So much so that it didn't even phase me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by and say that I found your blog a couple days ago and I think you are AWESOME! you are such an inspiration. Mega props on finishing the Chicago Marathon - I'm planning on running the Chicago Half next September but I doubt I'd be able to run the full marathon! You have so much to be proud of - you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!!!!!!! #5 made my day. You know how bad it is those first long runs, when you body is, well, unused to the rigors...we've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. My "embarrassing" moment was the same... but I was not embarrassed ;)

    I am excited about your 2011 running adventures! Have you signed up for anything else besides the marathon with your sis?

    ReplyDelete