Full disclaimer: I am running on the sleep of a parent of a newborn. My youngest is 3 and a half. I DON'T REMEMBER HOW TO DO THIS. And I'm kind of a bitch.
So, after 5 nights in a row of my youngest son climbing out of his crib all discombobulated (can they sleepwalk this young?) I planned on running yesterday morning. I had a total of about 2 hours of sleep, in 10 or 15 minute sections, but I dutifully got out of bed after only snoozing twice. I turned on the light in the bathroom, peed, and stood at the sink with my contact case in hand. Then the sky opened up along with much thunder and lightening. Dammit.
MUCH cursing ensued (I even woke my husband with it. He doesn't wake up to the pounding on the door by the munchkin in the middle of the night who's too sleepy to negotiate the doorknob. Or the moaning of the 11 year old who's eaten entirely too much crap on her birthday and her stomach is killing her. But my swearing was obviously MUCH LOUDER. Ahem.)
SO. I pouted and went back to bed. And I got up this morning for a repeat attempt. I made it out the door, determined. But seriously, my knee hurts. MAN it kills me to admit that. I gimp-ran for a mile, thinking that maybe I could shake it off once I warmed up a little, but no. No way.
I walked home, utterly dejected. I placated myself, saying that if it wasn't sore later, I'd try again tomorrow, knowing all the while that it was definitely going to be sore later. And it is.
After googling the crap out of knee pain, I have self-diagnosed my issue as runner's knee. I'm thinking about seeing my doc, just in case. But I still don't think that I have anything MAJOR going on. Not that that knowledge gets me out on the road any faster.
But I've realized that I need to get SERIOUS about crosstraining - like, I need a training plan for my crosstraining. It's WAY too easy to blow it off for me (probably because I simply don't enjoy it as much), so I need to hold myself accountable. I have an elliptical and a pilates video, and I'm still planning on trying out some yoga, but I don't have a gym membership, so I need to be a bit creative to keep plugging myself along. Any and all suggestions welcome!
To top it all off, I'm dead in the middle of PMS madness surrounded by birthday cake. HELP!
No comments:
Post a Comment