1. I joined The HardCORE Club. I did my first workout on Tuesday, thinking, "Hmmmm. That wasn't as bad as I feared." I could do most of the reps/time required on all 13 exercises. I woke up yesterday, still wondering how it was possible I wasn't sore. By yesterday afternoon, sneezing hurt bigtime. I guess I'm doing them correctly? Something tells me that this afternoon's round is going to be a whole lot tougher...
2. School is already exhausting me. Sure, the days are easier once I get them all delivered, but the lunches and the backpacks and the drama and the WHINING (see: full day kindergarten) and the dinner and the getting everyone ready for bed so early compared to laid back summer schedule...*sigh* Hopefully we'll get the routine down in a week or 2. Definitely not there yet.
3. I felt really good after running yesterday, and am still feeling good today. I'm going to try for 3 miles tomorrow...maybe even 4!
Erika who blogs at Chasing my Monkeys 1 Mile at a Time tagged me to share with you 10 random facts about me. So here's 10 extra for you today...
1. My sidebar description says I rule at Guitar Hero - that's totally true. When James, my youngest, was born we had a 7yo, 5yo, and 19 month old plus the baby. We have no family nearby, so leaving that crew with a young sitter was really out of the question. Instead, we'd put everyone to bed, bust out the beer, chips, and plastic guitars and play til all hours of the night. SO FUN!
2. I tend toward lazy. I'm a procrastinator who's easily sidetracked. My house is messy most of the time. That's why I needed the marathon looming to get my lazy ass out of bed. I NEED a schedule, or I'm lost.
3. Before I quit my job, I worked in a Microbiology lab, first in a hospital and then in the pharmaceutical industry. I miss my job.
4. I am grateful and blessed to be able to stay at home with my kids. That said, I confess to being a much better mom when I was a working mom. There are too many days when I feel like all my brain cells have been sucked out of my head with a straw. But at least for now, it is logistically near impossible for me to work, and childcare is too expensive to make it worth my time. In a couple years though....
5. I am on marriage number 2. I count the first one as a practice run and refer to it when I'm wanting to remember "what NOT to do in a marriage." But since I managed to find and marry my better half, my best good friend, my soul mate, I count it as all good in the grand scheme of getting me to where I am supposed to be.
6. Like Erika, I am cursed with a telephone phobia. Thank God for email and the internet! But John still rolls his eyes at me (even though he ultimately indulges me) when I make him call for a babysitter. And I volunteered to do all the grunt work for my son's joint birthday party with his best friend if the other mom would take care of all things telephone.
7. I got married in Vegas. John and his best man wore Elvis glasses. It was awesome.
8. I read entirely too much. Voraciously. I can waste days reading (matter of fact is I HAVE wasted plenty). But the best part is watching my kids turn into readers as well. We spend lots of time at the library (not enough in their opinion).
9. I still daydream about singing in a band. I sang in choirs and groups in school and church all the way through college, and have sung in plenty of weddings. Too bad real life got in my way...
10. If you are still reading this (self indulgent long-ass post) you are as blog addicted as me! I guess it goes along with my reading addiction and smashes it into my reality TV addiction. It's real life stories in real time! I love it...
I'm not tagging anyone, but go say hi to Erika if you don't already follow her! Me, I've got my core to beat the crap out of...
I loved reading the random things!
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I got married in Hawaii :) We were flirting with the idea of Vegas but he had a school to go to in Hawaii so I asked him if he wanted to marry me one day on the way to the gym and he said yes.
ReplyDelete@Michelle - LOVE IT! we honeymooned in Hawaii (Maui) and I cannot wait to go back there someday...
ReplyDeletelove the list! I tend toward lazy and hate the phone too :)
ReplyDeleteIt is so cool to learn these random things about you.
ReplyDeleteI too hate the telephone.
Love your list!!! It is a nice way to 'get to know you'. So glad that your running is going well this week.
ReplyDeleteLove this post. Always nice to know random thoughts that reveal a lot about who a person is.
ReplyDelete