Kim left me a comment on my Rock-n-Roll recap, asking me if Kara Goucher ran this year or not. I realized that I didn't actually know (part of the curse of being in corral 24....you are so far back that any of the celebs hanging out are NO WHERE NEAR you).
So today, I looked her up. She isn't listed as a finisher, which is frankly what I expected. At 6+ months preggo, I can't even IMAGINE. But she is a bit of a superhero, having beat all the boys last year, so I figured I'd check. At the very least, if she ran, I figured I'd have a bit of a laugh at my own expense, since she still, pregnant as ever, would've run it much faster than me. :)
But after hopping around a bit on fan sites and her competitor blog, I realized that she is from my home town! I could KICK myself for not getting her autograph when I had the opportunity (I hate feeling like I'm bugging someone, so I rarely ask for autographs). BUT SHE GREW UP IN THE SAME LITTLE TOWN AS ME!!
DAMMIT.
(I'm still not running. But I've made peace with it, and am crosstraining and going to check out some yoga. You all rule - thanks for being so nice, and for kicking my butt as necessary. Hopefully I'll be back at it soon, just in time for the next heat wave to hit).
I had to take some time off too do to shin splints and missed my long run last week because of it. I've been cross training too. Hang in there! the rest will do you good and you'll hopefully be stronger when you do run again!!
ReplyDeleteKara was in the booth at the starting line in a hot pink warm-up jacket.
ReplyDeleteGlad you've made peace with not running. It will be there when you're ready.
Next time you know to grab her autograph:) Hang in there...I know not running is frusterating, but you'll be back in no time;)
ReplyDeleteWow! What is your hometown? I did not realize she was 6 months along! Thank you for answering my question.
ReplyDeleteI hope this recovery period goes well! Yoga can feel SO good! :)
I was hoping to see her at RnRSA in November...but I'm guessing she wont be there so close/when baby is due.
ReplyDelete