In the interest of full disclosure, I signed up for this race BEFORE the RnR Half when I jacked up my leg. I figured 4 miles - easy right? Ha! I'm wishing right now...
BUT. I set out this morning anyway. Happy Birthday MCM Mama!! I figured I'd give it a shot in your honor!
I walked out the door just after 5am, and it was CHILLY!!! WAHOO! The moon was full and bright, and I was so happy just to be out there. I started out slow, not wanting to push it. My leg was still uber sore, but not TOO painful to run on. I made my way around the neighborhood, enjoying the peaceful darkness.
Mile 1: 11:32
Now in the back of my head, I kept remembering Sunday, when I ran 2.5 and PAID for it the rest of the day. I didn't want a setback, but I didn't want a DNF on a virtual race either. So I decided to walk the rest. But not stroll! Oh no! I was swinging my arms and powering along like the crazy early morning mall ladies.
Miles 2 and 3: 14:34 and 15:06
I'm feeling pretty good at this point. So I figured I'd run it in. And that last mile DID feel really good - I was actually really pleased with how decent I felt. I still felt my leg, don't get me wrong, but I can tell I'm definitely on the mend.
Mile 4: 10:48
I walked it in after that, another .6 miles, and called it a good (albeit slow) workout. The best one I've had in a while.
Total - 4 miles in 52 minutes flat. Will it win any speed awards? No way in hell. But I was so pleased with it, overall, that I don't mind. WAY better than a DNF. And I'll be sure to enjoy a beer later in your honor MCM Mama! Happy 40th!!
Good run! I laughed at your morning mall ladies comment. I always chuckle to myself when I see power walkers swinging their arms like crazy. I think it just looks funny.
ReplyDeleteway to get out there and finish the virtual race! congrats!
ReplyDeleteyay for finishing! congrats!
ReplyDelete