Thursday, September 15, 2011

Three Things Thursday: Complete 180

(pssst! GIVEAWAY!!)

1. I whined a ton during July and August about being burnt out. About feeling stuck in a rut. About losing my running mojo. Well, something happened in the last week, because it's BACK! Maybe it's the weather? Or a successful 22 mile day? Or TAPER? Or the weather?!?

I love running again! It's so nice to not dread running and training. It's so nice to be on the cusp of finishing out a training year that began in FEBRUARY. It's so nice to run HAPPY. I had the most incredible feeling 6 mile run this morning ending in 2 sub-10 minute miles. PERFECTION.

2. Speaking of loving running and a successful 22 mile day, check out this finish-line photo:
nothing like crossing the line with your daughter AND your friend to make you happy!

3. Truly, I was kind of dreading TCM before. Now? I am so STOKED for that race. I've been stocking up on old race reports, photos, videos from last year, all of it. I CANNOT wait to run this gorgeous course. Even if it DOES sport a 2 mile long 250 foot hill starting at mile 21. I am going to OWN that freaking hill! Right?!? Right!

18 comments:

  1. Yay!

    It's probably a combination of all of those things, but I think the weather has a huge factor on how we feel as runners. Cooler weather equals easier runs equals not dreading leaving the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 mile long hill that late in the course! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found your mojo back! :) I agree with Erin, its probably a combo of them all. I know I am REALLY enjoying the cooler weather. Hope the extra mojo continues until the marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bobbi,
    Glad to hear you're back in the groove. I was pleasantly surprised by the race photos. Usually, I feel like I look like Shrek, but these turned out OK. I even paid to get my photo.
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hills have nothing on you!

    Glad to hear that you're getting back into the groove. Can't wait to read about you rockin' that race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! :) I'm glad you've rediscovered your mojo! When is the race?

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was running more consistently (and had higher mileage), I absolutely loved the turn of weather around this time of year. It's probably why I ran 4 fall marathons ... such a great time of year to be out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited you are stoked for TCM! I cannot wait to hear all about it! You are going to rock that hill!

    And I am happy your funk is subsiding :)

    I love that photo! Are you going to order it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need your defunkifying tips!!!

    OK I knew there was a hill. But 2. MILES. LONG?? I'd better get my ass back to the naval base and practice until then. Yikes.

    LOVE the finish line pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny because I've been the same way - burnout, and now feeling good again. I'm also running TCM!!

    Hope the rest of your training is great, and you have an awesome race!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hold Tight Girl! What was that about a hill on the TCM!?! I have run it twice, and had never noticed. Perhaps it is because I am half dead at that point...or I am just blissfully ignorant.
    I can't wait, wait, wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Own it. YES! That's the spirit.

    Conquer it. You WILL be triumphant :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love that picture! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're feelin' it again! I love races where folks grab their kids and let them cross the finish line with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for getting your mojo back!!

    Great finish line photo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post makes me miss running so much! I can't wait to lace up my shoes and hit the pavement when my back feels better

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! I love the cooler weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - you are feeling it big time. Just reading this is getting me fired up to run. Harness that positive energy for TCM and you will tear it up. Nothing like finding your mojo right when you need it.

    ReplyDelete