Ok, I'm at that point in my taper where I'm anxious. Don't get me wrong, I love me some taper, and the running part is going really well, but the rest of it? *sigh*
Every time I log on to accuweather I swear the predicted high for 10/2 goes up a degree. Last week, it looked like a stunning high of 60. Right now? It's up to 77. This freaks my shit RIGHT OUT, even IF my hubs keeps reminding me that IT IS A GUESS, and they CAN'T POSSIBLY know yet. I know this in my head, but well, ACCCKKKK!
I'm wrapping my head around logistics while dealing with the pissed off 12 year old who can't understand why she DOESN'T GET TO GO.
I'm addicted to past race reports. It's seriously bad. I've read them all 16 times. No one freaks out TOO much over the hill at the end, so I'm choosing not to also.
11 DAYS!!!!
I'm struggling with goals for this race. The obvious choice is to come in under 5 hours, but if it's REALLY close to 80 degrees on race day? Yeah, that'll be amended. The only good thing about dealing with heat is that it'd make choosing the appropriate race outfit SUPER easy.
Geez. I'm even getting sick of me...off to daydream about the perfect race (while sanding and staining basement doors). Later...
Please oh please oh please oh please do NOT be a high of 80 on October 2nd. For both our sakes. I will just quit life if that happens. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteThere is a reason you don't set out your running clothes two weeks prior to the race...
ReplyDeleteI will pray that the weather gods are on your side. I have a half on sunday with the expected forecast of 80 degrees and humid. Just dandy, time to revise my goal.
ReplyDeleteAccuweather? Pfft, try Weather.gov, the US National Weather Service. That's where you get accurate forecasts. They forecast for much smaller areas and are almost always more accurate. Accuweather is based in PA....do you really trust a guy in Pennsylvania to give you the correct Minneapolis forecast? *end plug for Hubby's work*
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on the taper. Just know that there's nothing more you can do right now other than rest up. Trust your training. ....not that you have any choice really :)
You can't trust Accuweather...and at the end of the day you can't control what Mother Nature throws at you - you've done the training and you'll do great!
ReplyDeleteThe weather thing is funny. I do exactly the same thing starting 10 days out when the 10 day forecast is available. It's rarely correct 10 days out.
ReplyDeleteObsessing about the weather is half the "fun" of taper madness!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for something cool and comfortable for you. :)
ReplyDeleteI have started checking too! I am a bit scared...!
ReplyDeleteThose weather reports are enough to make you crazy. You're so funny...so excited...you sound like me about my race. I can't hardly sit still I'm so excited about it. Gonna be a long 11 days for you. :)
ReplyDeleteI was so obsessed with my first marathon a few years ago after taking a 5-year hiatus from them (long, dehydration story :p); a friend of mine threatened to disconnect my internet connection!!
ReplyDeleteI guess you'll just have to run faster...to beat the heat!!! ;)
I hope that made you at least smile!
bobbi, i'm not going to tell you not to worry about the weather because you will. it's all part of it. but i promise, as the marathons roll by, you'll be more concerned with other things, and weather won't even be an issue. promise.
ReplyDeletexo
The possibility of heat just occurred to me last night while watching Tom Skilling. Chances are good it won't be hot because I won't be there. I have a way of attracting heat so maybe I'm doing all TCM runners a favor.
ReplyDeleteHappy taper! Go crush it!
I know that 80 degrees seems like warm weather to you in the North. This whole summer, in Louisiana, I ran at 6am with temperatures usually over 85 degrees.
ReplyDeleteIf it is warm, you just may have to slow down the pace a little and hydrate.
I was at Grandma's marathon with you in June - sorry but nothing was as miserable as I was freezing after the race. I would much prefer warmer temperatures.
Wishing you a good race.
bobbi: Just remember you trained in all that horrible heat this summer. You are prepared if it is warm. But, I hope it's in the 60's for you! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteLOL - keep reading the race reports but stay off the weather sites until you need to pack. No point in stressing about that - it is what it is! It can't be worse than Chicago last year. It can't be!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the title of your BLOG! Setting goals are tough. My first marathon goal was just to finish. The second one I had all these goals and realized during the race I just wanted to finish! Haha....
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!!
xo
Sarah
Get Up & Go
I can totally relate!! I'm just 2 weeks away from Chicago and the taper is the hardest part of training for me. Antsy is the perfect word to describe it! My husband says it will help. After reducing mileage for 2 weeks I will be so ready to RUN by the time I get to the starting line.
ReplyDeleteGood luck and let me know how your taper is going.
I just posted about a Countdown to Chicago Giveaway series with the first giveaway starting tomorrow at 12:01 a.m. EST. Check it out :)
Blog: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]
good luck to you! Can't wait to hear about the race!
ReplyDelete