Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dammit

It's super great that I post all about determination while my leg is hurting right?

I'm all about denial.

Unfortunately, after a mile gimp-running this morning, I am unable to NOT face my current reality. There will BE no 12 miler. My week total mileage is 6.

My fucking leg hurts.

Where does that leave me?

Who knows.

10 comments:

  1. Bobbi, better to stay home and have your leg feel better. You have trained so much that one missed run won't hurt you.

    Your body is talking--listen to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I'm sorry. Pain is never fun when it comes to running. You are smart to listen to your body instead of running through the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It leaves you on the couch with a beer. Sure it sucks. But relax and forget about it for awhile. Let it heel and you will be back to running in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Rest that puppy! Don't worry about missing the miles. Ice, stretch, and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Jamoosh's "couch/beer" comment. Rest that baby up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your leg is hurting! Hopefully resting will make it heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, girl, one of the most helpful things said to me during my injury time out during marathon training was "better 90% trained than 50% injured". You've been putting in lots of miles. Missing one or two runs isn't going to set you back nearly as much as running hurt and hurting yourself worse. I know you know these things...now let yourself believe them and give that leg time to feel better. And if a beer helps the healing, well...how much better will TWO beers feel? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's going on with your leg? :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. Listen to your body and take the rest. Better to be safe than sorry :)

    ReplyDelete