My head is all over the place this week. I guess that's to be expected, but I can usually focus a bit better, so it can be disconcerting. And overwhelming.
Upon announcing the winner of my giveaway, I immediately had one less follower. Not that I give a crap about who follows me, but it made me giggle. Do you do that? Follow for the contest and then unfollow? I never have - it's never occurred to me...
The weather just keeps looking better and better for Sunday. I hate to say it out loud, because we KNOW how much it can change, but it's gone down almost 10 degrees. *sigh of relief* PLEASE anything but hot...
I have been doing a ton of visualization. I love finding videos of the course and imagining myself on it. It really helped me mentally at Grandma's, and I'm hoping it does at TCM also. Do you visualize yourself on the race course prior to running it? Does it help you?
Lots of little goals are niggling at my periphery. Goals I'm going to try to attempt, but not entirely sure I'm capable of. Here's the one that scares me the most. BECAUSE it scares me the most, I'm putting it out here: I WILL ONLY WALK WATER STOPS. Can I do this? Yes. Will I convince myself I can in the moment? Not as sure. But I'm putting it out there so you all can help me stick with it.
I got a really really good 8 miles in this morning between storms. It was really windy, but I stayed dry, and I felt SUPREMELY strong. So good. I really needed that one...
HOLY CRAP IT'S 6 DAYS AWAY!.
Sorry.
I am doing my absolute best to avoid any and all germs currently circulating my house. I really hate school for that. So. Much. Coughing. And the snot. Ugh.
Are you running TCM too? Please, let's try to organize a meet up. Leave me a comment or email me if you are interested. I'm going to be in the Cities from Friday mid-day through Monday. I'm WIDE OPEN as far as time, place, whatever.
I'm sure I'll be spewing randomness at you all again soon :)
You will do everything you set out to do on Sunday!!
ReplyDeleteAnd the follower thing, I lost one after yesterday's Toby Keith concert post. lol.
Bobbi, you CAN only walk the water stops. Maybe start walking at them and time yourself (for a minute or so). Just keep it structured. Don't just walk because you think you need a break - I know you can do this. I will be there in spirit bitching at you. I mean, encouraging you!
ReplyDeleteI am happy the last run was great! And that the weather is looking good.
I try to visualize but I have no idea what Milwaukee is like so I guess it will be a running adventure.
I do not understand the blogger follower thing. What does this mean, when you follow someone? Can you go to one place and see all the blogs you follow at once? Or does following a blog just mean you like it?
Sending all the 'you can do any damn thing you put your mind to' vibes your way.
ReplyDeleteYou will be awesome!
Six days can be an eternity. I respect your goal of walking only at the water stops. It's definitely a tough goal to keep since you never know how your race will go.
ReplyDeleteYou can totally do it! I can not wait to hear what a great time you had!
ReplyDeleteHOLY CRAP ........ you'll do fine. You have done the groundwork & put in all the hard effort, its just the race to get through now. Stay focused and believe.
ReplyDeleteMAde me laugh about being unfollowed .... never even occurred to me to just follow for a giveaway!!!
I admit I sometimes follow for the contest and then let my eyes glaze over until the next contest...
ReplyDeleteBut not here! Have a great race!
When I was running half marathons and marathons, I never visualized the course. In fact, I never really got caught up in nerves (besides the night before my first race). I was pretty laid back about it all and just wanted to finish each race. Sure, I would've been happy with PRs and the like, but I never felt the internal drive to push myself like that. It's a great time of year to run marathons - here's hoping you have great weather and feel strong during your race!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, good luck, both at the race and staying sane UNTIL the race! :) I won't follow a blog JUST for a giveaway, thus I don't have to unfollow when I don't win. Whew.
ReplyDeleteThat is a great goal! Good for you for putting it out there.
ReplyDeleteBobbi - relax. You've got this.
ReplyDeleteYou feel scatterbrained because you're tapering well. This is normal. You are wound up because you're tapering well. This is normal. You are NORMAL.
Embrace your epic-ness. If your goal is to only walk the water stops, then you're only going to walk the water stops. nuff said.
26.2 miles of awesomeness.
26.2 miles of Bobbi's awesomeness.
own it. it's yours.
I lose followers and I don't even have a giveaway...rack my brain to figure out what I said to offend someone in my once a week posting! Hum...
ReplyDeleteYou're gonna be sooo ready for this girl!! Pre-race jitters are way of paying respect to the race it deserves. So spew randomness all you want, it's good for you! :)
You're going to ROCK it! Cheering you on ...
ReplyDeleteWinks & Smiles,
Wifey
I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have the best race day experience and that everything is perfect. And, if it isn't a perfect day with weather/conditions, that's okay, too! You've worked really hard, and you can rock out a great race no matter what.
And, if it makes you feel any better, I actually was sick the two days before my marathon and things were okay! As my dad said, Michael Jordan had one of his best games with the flu. A little cold never hurt anyone. ;)
You can totally meet that goal! Absolutely :)
ReplyDeleteI lose followers at strange times, like after admitting I like Barney :P
Go stomp TCM! Do it!