1. Sometimes it just takes ONE RUN and everything falls back into place. So far this week I've had two of those, and I've only run twice. It's so nice when the miles click off and the pace feels right and you feel strong again and you realize, THIS is what I've been working towards. THIS. Right HERE.
2. Yesterday's run got side tracked when Sarah wasn't nearly as keen on running in the rain as I was, and I let her off the hook, and then I totally blew it off. Sometimes I'm just not feeling hardcore, haha.
3. Last night we had dinner with a bunch of John's childhood friends. While the occasion was rather somber (John's best friends' parents BOTH passed away within a couple weeks of each other. *shudder* Can't even begin to fathom that) the company and conversation and catching up were really nice. We don't get to see these people very often (his friend lives with his family in Juneau, AK) so we always take advantage when we can.
Hug your loved ones. Remember to be thankful. You just never know - every day we are given is a gift.
I've beenso happy to see you having some great confidence building runs. You're awesome, running in the rainor not. :)
ReplyDeleteVery sad about John's friend's parents. How awful.
Thanks for your comment! You're right...that b should shut the hell up. :)
Amen lady...amen...xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better. Getting those good runs in always helps.
ReplyDeleteCheers to that!!! Glad you're feeling better! So sorry to hear about John's parents, I can't imagine how that must feel.
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday and I am remembering to be thankful!!! =)
I am not terribly keen on running in the rain either! Glad you are having an awesome running week :)
ReplyDeleteI love that last part.
ReplyDeleteI love to run in the rain. Glad you are feeling better and you are having a good running week.
ReplyDeleteI like the last quote.
That's one thing I really hate about American culture - the not getting together unless it's a wedding or funeral. I know that our country's geography is so big and people move far from home, so it's hard to get everyone in the same place. But, I wish we had that priority ingrained in our culture ... getting together with friends like that really is special.
ReplyDeleteSo true. Life is a gift. So are the shitty runs. They make the good ones that much sweeter.
ReplyDeleteYay! You are kicking butt my friend. Keep believing in you. You got this. :)
ReplyDeleteI am happy the dinner ended up being such a nice one. What a treat to see friends that live so far away!