Friday, April 13, 2012

Old

First up? PICTURES! I should have posted Easter pictures before, but lets face it - lazy. What a beautiful day we got! For the first time in years and years...
Julia, my niece Sophia, Jack and James

John and the littles


Jack and me

Jenna and my niece Jordyn

Happy Birthday to ME!
Now my mom got all sneaky and surprised me with a birthday cake early. This Sunday I turn 41, which in my brain seems pretty old. But truthfully? I feel younger now than I have in forever. Even when I'm hanging out with running peeps I have more than a decade on, haha! It's nice to feel fit and strong, it really is.

But don't take me shopping - THEN I feel so so old.

Tomorrow, I'll hopefully be rocking a 10k with Sarah. Sunday, I'm running 18 birthday miles with lots of friends. Hopefully neither of these runs will be in thunderstorms (because SURELY the weatherman is clueless. Right? Right.), but if they are? I won't melt.

If you had told me a couple years ago that I'd be celebrating my birthday weekend with hours and hours of running, I'd have told you you were smoking HIGH QUALITY crack, and a lot of it.

But now, it's my new normal. I kinda like it. Happy weekend!

23 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Bobbi! I love that you are celebrating by running. Running really does keep people young, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Bobbi! Have a wonderful birthday weekend, and good luck with your 10K tomorrow and your 18-miler on Sunday! Fingers crossed also that the weather behaves itself this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard running is the fountain of youth. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect birthday! Hope it is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! That def sounds like a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday weekend! Don't feel old. Just DON'T. This is the youngest you'll ever be again plus your Real Age is light years younger anyway. I hope the rain stays away for your race and long run. At least that's what I ordered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos! Love your attitude! Happy birthday, Bobbi - may you be right about the rain and your ability to run no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know JUST what you mean about the age thing! And the hanging out with younger people. My team is all younger than me...and boy, do they remind me of it constantly! But most of my tri club friends are older than me and freaking awesome, so I'm thinking our age is just fine. :)

    Your Easter pictures are wonderful. I hope you have the BEST birthday!! Happy birthday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks SUPER cute in these photos!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy early Birthday! You look awesome! I personally like being older than my peers :) And I was lazy w/ my Easter pics, too. Your kids are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Know what you feel, in my heart I'm not yet 25 but every now and again my body tells me different ..... I don't listen ;-)

    and if I forget Sunday ...

    °✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿°✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿°✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿°
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBI
    Sending you a basket full of birthday wishes with stars to reach for, sunshine to bask under and rainbows to marvel at.
    °✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿°✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿°✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿°

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday!
    I started running at 41! to me that is very young!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Bobbi...hope you have a blast this weekend and have some perfect (or at least acceptable) weather to run in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So you decided to do the 10K? But you are running on your own, right? :P I am still thinking about coming...

    Happy Birthday! I will see you of course, but Happy Birthday! I hope I start to feel younger soon :) I want to have lots of crazy energy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You can out run a 25 year old, so you have to feel young!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Bobbi! You're amazing and 41 is YOUNG. Oprah said that 40 was the new 20 so . . . work it girl!

    Such cute Easter pictures - sure does look beautiful!

    Good luck on your runs and race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a PR-filled year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated birthday!!!!!! you're mom was awesome to bring you that cake, it's beautiful. and I love all the cutie kiddos on the bench for Easter

    and age is weird. I find that society makes me hate getting old, however the older I get the more I know and the better I feel about myself - I'm 29 and I say BRING IT!

    ReplyDelete