Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Analyzing

I got my bib number for Grandma's on Friday.

6560

I know there are lots of people who analyze their bib numbers. Honestly, I've never been very good at it. And while usually, I'm an odd number kind of girl, I like this one.

It feels good.

Do you analyze your numbers? Do you have a "good luck" kind of system? Or do you just take what you get and run with it, not paying any attention?

(thanks for all your love yesterday - you rock!)

12 comments:

  1. I just like having a lower number. Which i usually do anyway bc i sign up for everything freakishly early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't analyze mine, but maybe I should! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! I don't analyze my numbers and rarely even remember them later. I am more superstitious about outfits and hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never pay attention to it...my kids do though...the bigger the better they say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never thought twice about #s. BUT! One time me, Erin and Jen had 733, 766, and 799 and I thought that was REALLY bizzare!

    (How was your run yesterday? Don't leave us hangin'!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I never even considered analyzing my bib numbers from past races. Then again, I'm not very superstitious, either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm When I get a bib my numbers are super high so I don't even think anything of it. My friend Speedy's last name starts with A so we've had a couple of races we did together where she is 1 or 2 for a bib number.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really analyze my bibs but my friend had #666 in a race once. He didn't feel too lucky with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6+5+6 = 17. Not only an odd number, but a prime number!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really analyze my numbers but for some reason in smaller 5ks I tend to be #19 (for races that go in alphabetical order). Hope your training is going better! You are going to ROCK grandma's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 6560 is an awesome #... no doubt about it.
    65 & 60 both divisible by 5, which is odd. 6+6+5+0= 17 ... which is odd and prime. There you go. Odd # bib.

    I... so, yeah. I'm looking at the 5:02:28 PR over there, and I'm thinking you prolly better give it a little hug or something before Grandma's incase you meet a tall dark handsome PR on the Grandma course. Ya know? I just have this feeling that 6/16 is going to be ~kinda~ like taking your PR out to lunch and breaking up with it in public...

    ReplyDelete