Meant to post this yesterday, but yesterday got all jacked up. So I'm going to TRY and keep this short and sweet, but that's tough since it was such a KICK ASS WEEK.
On the plan:
M - 4 easy
T - 9 tempo
W - 4 easy
Th - rest
F - 9
tempo
Sa - 18 easy
Su - cross
Reality:
Monday: 4.1 windy sucktastic miles at 10:03. Felt hard. Hate wind.
Tuesday: 9.15 FUN miles at 9:46. I met up with Kim and Sara and ran a part of the DesPlaines River Trail that I'd never run before. I was feeling pretty tired, but the company was outstanding, so the miles ticked off quickly.
Afterwards, we had dinner at Red Robin (yummmmm) where Kim told the waitress it was almost my birthday, so they sang to me and gave me ice cream. WIN. It was such a fun night! :)
Wednesday: 4 easy miles with Sarah, who wasn't feeling well. Her allergies were killing her, so we stuck to 4 (10:39 pace).
Strength class was more medicine balls and core work. It didn't feel QUITE as hard as the week before, and I wasn't nearly as sore afterwards.
Thursday and Friday: Rest
Saturday: 8.37 miles at 9:12 - the Take a Step For Kids 10k and warm up.
Sunday: 18 birthday miles at 10:38. I woke up (for the gazillionth time that night) to thunder and screaming (the screaming was Julia). I was nervous that this run wouldn't happen, but the storms moved out just in time. I met Kim and other club people at the Millennium Trail for a birthday run! We had humidity, and hills, and gusty wind later on in the run, but my stomach behaved, and other than getting really tired towards the end, this went really well.
Afterwards, Kim had organized all kinds of birthday treats for me! It was the perfect way to spend the morning, and I was enormously grateful for their company, and they went out of their way to make me feel special. It was great! I am lucky. And sunburned, but that is because I am a dumbass.
The rest of the day was spent lounging with my family, and we went out to Red Robin (yummmmm) for my birthday dinner where I got sung to again and more birthday ice cream. Perfect. On the way home, John and I sang Prince's version of "Kiss" at the top of our lungs and embarrassed the hell out of our kids. Awesome. It was a great day.
Week Total: 43.62 miles.



I love the food trunk! So cool.
ReplyDeleteAwe Happy Birthday!! And what an awsome way to spend it too!! Good week girl!
ReplyDeleteIf this post does not say you live in the Midwest, I don't know what does. The first photo has you in long sleeves and a vest and you're in a tank and shorts in the last one. Gotta love it!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good birthday run and even better birthday treats (all week). I hope it was a good one.
LOVE it! It's so true! Back to long sleeves today again...it just can't make up it's mind, can it?
DeleteNice training week Bobbie. Your doing awesome. It seem like Grandama's will be here before we know it. Going fast.
ReplyDeleteYou are positively killing it. Your 10k just totally kicks ass.
ReplyDeleteKick. Ass. Birthday week! So sorry I missed the runportunities. Yes I'm making up words.
ReplyDeleteSounds awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been craving red robin ever since we went!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!!! That food truck looks fantastic!!! Sounds like your training has been going really well and you are going to do AWESOME at Grandma's Marathon!
ReplyDeleteWhat an impressive week of training!!!! Nicely done!!!!! Way to go!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE that your friend had a Happy Birthday tail gating party - how cute!!!!! So creative!!!!!!
Humidity, hills and wind ... yikes! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome week! You kicked ass! You ran your 18 miler really strong. You are on your way to a really awesome marathon :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
ReplyDeleteAwesome week and an even happier Birthday!!! I love it!
ReplyDeletewow you got in a lot of miles! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteEmbarrassing the kids is AWESOME :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy BIrthday xx