I'm going to keep this short and sweet - I feel like training is all I can bring myself to post about lately. I need to work on that.
On the plan:
M - 4 easy
T - 8 tempo
W - 4 easy
Th - rest
F - 9
tempo
Sa - 12 easy
Su - cross
Reality?
Well, the reality was that I slacked off this week. To be fair to myself, my schedule has been a mess lately, but I did better when the kids were on spring break! So I'm taking that as "I needed a cutback week" and moving forward...
Monday: Zip.
Tuesday: Nada
Wednesday: 8.01 easy miles with Sarah. This was a perfect lovely easy run. I was so glad we got out and did it - and it was nice to see my legs responding well after Sunday's long run. Average pace was 10:28. Happy.
That night's strength class was medicine balls and a little kick boxing thrown in there for fun. It felt hard, but not terribly so. The next 3 days though, my abs reminded me that I worked harder than I thought I did. Win!
Thursday: Nothing. This pissed me off, but it was my own fault. It was cold and windy. I thought I'd go later, but John had a late meeting, and it never really warmed up, and I never made it out there. Then I was pissed at myself because everyone was off school on Friday. I DID manage to get a bunch of Easter prep done, so it wasn't a total loss.
Friday: 7.5 miles at a 9:36 pace. Tempo! This felt hard, but good. It was a gorgeous day, and I wish I'd had time for more, but this was all I could squeeze in. My toes were cramping up - breaking in new shoes always does that - so there were walk breaks in there but I never stopped my watch, and my pace didn't suffer. (9:54, 9:44, 9:40, 9:44, 9:36, 9:20, 9:32, 9:23 for the last 0.5)
Saturday: Squeezed in 12 before family fun. It was freezing when I left - frozen fog sitting on the ground and frost everywhere - but it really warmed up later. I ran the first couple alone, next 4ish with Kim, and for the last 6 we picked up Katie and Stacy (from the running club). Kim pushed me harder than I would have gone for those few we ran alone, but I appreciated it. And considering I was at a birthday party the night before and was running on 3.5 hours of sleep and party food (my stomach only briefly showed up to this run - not bad!), I was pretty pleased overall. (10:19, 9:58, 9:46, 9:35, 9:30, 9:41, 9:35, 10:12, 10:32, 10:39, 10:42. 10:00) Average pace ended up at 10:01.
Sunday: 5 easy with my sister! It's been really nice running with her. 10:20 pace.
Week total miles: 32.51 - a little short (was supposed to be 37) but I'm ok with that.
You're looking strong, Bobbi, looking SUPER strong!!
ReplyDeletegreat week!
ReplyDeleteThanks for running with me today, I LOVED it! xoxo
ReplyDeleteIt would be so cool to run with my sister! I'm a little bit jealous. Good mileage even if you missed some.
ReplyDeleteThat is a lot of miles!
ReplyDeleteI can't even manage to blog about anything lately!! You still ran more than decent mileage..it was Easter lady..give yourself a break!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing really well!
ReplyDeleteWe all need a break sometimes. Don't beat yourself up about missing a couple days or not exactly following your training plan. Overall, I think you had a great week. Keep it up! Only 10 more weeks to go...
ReplyDeleteBeing as busy as you are, I think just getting the training post out there is good! I know these ones take a lot of time to write :)
ReplyDeleteBrian's class was SO sneaky this week! I had a feeling it might be! I really liked it, except the side shuffle thing, because I thought someone might run in to me... :)
So happy we got to run together Saturday... and this Sunday....!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I think listening to your body is more important than what it says on paper. Cut back weeks are necessary - both physically and mentally (at least for me). You are busy!!! Think of how much cross-training you get from being a mom.
ReplyDelete