1. Track = SUCCESS!
1 x 400 @ 2:00 (actual - 1:59) w/200 rest
1 x 800 @ 4:10 (actual - 4:22) w/400 rest
1 x 1600 @ 9:00-9:30 (actual - 9:15) w/800 rest (ended up being 400 - walked most of it)
1 x 800 @ 4:10 (actual - 4:26) w/400 rest
1 x 400 @ 2:00 (actual - 2:02)
Did a half mileish warmup and cooldown.
I still can't believe that I hit my 400s perfectly. I didn't think I could go that fast, seriously. I couldn't quite hit the 800s, but close enough! It's really fun doing this with a group, rather than solo. I push myself harder than I would on my own. Today, I'm feeling like I WORKED yesterday, and I like it.
2. This weekend, I might run a local 4 mile race. I've never run a 4-miler, so even though it's supposed to be a HOT one, it'll be an automatic PR! (For the local peeps who've run in Highland Park, yes, it DOES include the monster hill. Yay.) It's only 20 bucks, but I need to decide by the end of the day. So what am I waiting for? See number 3...
3. Grandma update - basically, she's fading quickly now. She had a really good couple of weeks, but in the past few days, the decline is evident, and yesterday, she was for the most part, completely unresponsive. I'm planning on us all making the trip back for the funeral...I'm just waiting for that call.
Oh no. Sorry to hear you're waiting for the call. Always sad, whether it's 'for the best' or not.
ReplyDeleteLook at you on the track! Nice!
Sorry about Grandma. :(
ReplyDeleteGreat job @ the track and I hope you get to run the 4 mile race! I've never done one either.
Sorry to hear the end is near for your grandma. Sounds like a great track session.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the track workout!! It will get easier the more you do it too.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so sorry about your Grandma. Hugs to you and your family.
I'm so sorry about your grandma!
ReplyDeleteThe rest of this is pretty awesome though.
I think it's great there are running experts, like Hal Higdon, out there. But, they often fail to emphasize that every person's body reacts differently to training and racing. And as a runner, you have to learn to read your body and react accordingly. So glad you had a great track workout!
ReplyDeleteAnd, sorry to hear about your grandmother ... my thoughts are with you and your family.
Great job on the track workout! Probably the best part of doing speedwork is surprising yourself at how well you can do.
ReplyDeleteAnd I, too, am sorry to hear about your grandmother.
Great job on the track work out! What up speedy?! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Nice track workout! I wish I could get myself to run intervals.
ReplyDeleteI'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Hugs.
Nice track work!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your grandmother. waiting for that call is never easy. Take care.
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. When my great-aunt was dying, I was sure it was THE call every time my phone rang.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about your grandma. Waiting for the call is the worst. My thoughts are with you
ReplyDeleteBobbi, I am sorry you have to wait on that call. I hope you do the 4 miler--you granny would be proud of having such a strong granddaughter!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your grandmother. Lot's of hugs and peaceful thoughts for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteImpressive track numbers there, lady!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your grandmother. I don't know what's tougher... when it happens suddenly or trying to "prepare" when you know it's coming. Prayers with your family.
I have got to get to track. I know I would like it but I just can't seem to go! Knowing you are there would make me go. :) You are kicking butt!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about your grandma. Let me know if you want to chat :)