1. Last night, instead of going to the track, my family all went to see James' end of the year preschool program. It was short and sweet - 6 songs with animal themes - and they did a beautiful job. My son - MY SON - stood there with his class, doing the motions and singing the songs, all with a smile on his face. Had you told me even 6 months ago that he'd be capable of this, I'd have laughed at you and looked away wistfully, wishing it for him. It's damn near miraculous. Blessed.
2. We had such a nice Memorial Day with my sister's family. I can't begin to express how much I love having her nearby. It was so tough not being able to watch my nieces grow up. I am in awe that they are HERE.
all the girls...♥
bubbles!
3. I don't know how anyone does this running thing without a supportive partner. I am so thankful for John, who rubs my feet, and tells me I'm his hero, and schleps everyone to finish lines, and picks up the slack when I'm running long. He goes above and beyond to help me be a successful runner. I love him so much...
Awww! I loved this post. :) Having family nearby sounds awesome. More and more I'm wishing that for myself.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures...your son is so handsome! Can feel the love coming out of this post...wonderful!
ReplyDeleteok I LOVE ONE & TWO
ReplyDeletebut
#3
awwwwwww. Seriously. makes. my. heart. so. happy.
A supportive partner is such a great thing to have (I've got one, too).
ReplyDeleteAnd yay! for the great preschool program!
Can you rent John out from time to time? I'd pay handsomely for a sherpa of that calibur. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures of the girls! I also love having my sis and bro nearby. I don't know what I would do without them. Great job on your May goals. 137 miles in a month is aMAYzing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! And your son is A-Dor-A-BLE!!
ReplyDeleteLove love love this post! I totally know what you mean about John. Steven is so supportive of my running. He was so encouraging during the marathon. He told me I was doing well and looking good and I believed him.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay James! That is too awesome. And yay for your nieces being here. It's going to be a great summer!
You must have been SO proud of your little guy! That's a big accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteYou have a pretty great family and I love that you can step back and recognize that!
ReplyDelete