Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Loony

I have never been one to succumb to taper madness. Not that I've been running super long, but still - I tend to enjoy the wind-down before a big race. It probably has to do with me tending towards lazy piece of crap.

But this time? I am freaking losing my mind.

For the record, I have not run since Friday's slog-fest, so I KNOW that not running is contributing greatly to my madness. I KNOW it. But knowing it and finding a way to manage it seem to be 2 wildly different animals.

I am cranky.

I am STRESSED out.

One minute I am in full on PANIC mode that there's no way I'm going to be able to run this race.

The next minute I'm convincing myself that this leg thing is no big deal.

Followed by 5 minutes of OH MY GOD IT MUST BE A STRESS FRACTURE I'M GOING TO DIIIIIEEEEE.

There are many many benefits to reading a zillion running blogs. But the curse is learning about a zillion things that go wrong and convincing yourself you might be suffering from ALL of them.

Good Lord - It flat out sucks to be in my house right now.

*breathe*

9 comments:

  1. Go for a jog around the house - it'll do you good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't figure out if I'm pissy and don't give a shit about anything because I'm not running, or if I'm not running because I'm pissy and don't give a shit.

    I hadn't read about all your leg troubles until just now. Crossing fingers for you that it's nothing and that this nothing goes away STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to this a couple times and you won't be thinking of anything else : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMYN4djSq7o

    Because you haven't mentioned a leg problem before, I'll assume it's new. It's pretty common to develop mystery aches that weren't there before during the taper. It's kinda like how your legs get stiff after just a day or two off. I usually take my runs during the taper just a little bit faster. It gets the stiffness out.

    You've had consistent training and done so well, you're going to be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing worse would be the 2 of us living in the same house right now. I'm with you all the way Bobbi! Hang in there. TEN DAYS and it will all be worth it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hang in there. If you can go for a walk or do anything to get out of the house and some fresh air, go for it! I hope the leg is ok and you survive the taper madness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://blog.runnerslounge.com/2008/09/symptoms-and-tr.html

    Read the attached article. Our behavior is perfectly normal. Normal, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the same thing EVERY.SINGLE.RACE! Every single one! You WILL DO IT and BE AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stretch, foam roll, ice bath, compression, elevation. Work it, and then have a healthy smoothie.

    You'll be awesome! Can't wait for your race!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thinking good thoughts for you! I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete