Thursday, June 9, 2011

Three Things Thursday: Calming The Crazy

1. Yesterday's post may or may not have been partially inspired by James - he's had a tough couple days, I think because he's done with school and his siblings have until tomorrow before they are finished. Anyhow, he spent a good solid 40 minutes screaming at the top of his little lungs at me and refusing to do anything I needed him to do yesterday, culminating with me fireman carrying him shoeless ("NO SHOES!! NO, I NOT!!!") to the van and forcibly buckling him into the 5-point harness while he thrashed. It took me 10 minutes, and I decided I couldn't care that he'd unbuckled the top part. I was exhausted.

So last night when the storms hit and he freaked the eff out, I secretly enjoyed snuggling in next to him. I needed that time to reconnect to my sweet boy, more than you know. And when the storms raged all night, I broke one of my cardinal rules and dragged him into bed with me (it totally beat sleeping in his toddler bed). This morning, we are friends again.

2. Looking at the bright side of no running for 6 days, I totally missed the whole running in 100 plus degree heat with a million percent humidity thing. Go me!! I am going out for a nice 60 degree run this afternoon. Hopefully, my leg (which seems to be feeling a bit better today) behaves itself.

3. I'm running a 5k this Saturday with a couple friends. I'd originally thought about racing it, but I think I'm just going to pace Sarah and run it easy. I'm really looking forward to it - hopefully it doesn't pour down rain on us!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the heat is gone too! I think pacing your friend and taking it easy is a good idea. Now, the carseat episode? Been there! Parenting sure...well, something sometimes!

    ReplyDelete