1. My son is, shall we say, having a BAD week. Hence, I am having a BAD week. I am trying to remind myself that these are getting fewer and farther between, which is good, but honestly? That doesn't help much while you are in the middle of it. I am so so looking forward to my long run this week. Right now, 20 miles BY MYSELF sounds like heaven.
2. The weather sucks ass. Not helping my crankiness in the slightest. But the weekend is looking to be really nice, so the long run, birthday party, and housewarming for my sister should be fantastic. I just have to get through today, and it's all downhill. What are your big plans for the holiday weekend?
3. I have been reading about people who's kids are finishing up school right now. WTF?!? We have 2 whole weeks left. Uber jealous. I will be BITCHING about having 4 kids home this summer in about a month, but right now? I AM READY.
(To add to my frustration, I have clicked publish at least 6 times, logged out and logged back in to blogger, and it is being an asshole. Figures.)
Haha! It's an assholish day I guess. I love that you're looking forward to your 20. I usually plan epic runs like that when my in-laws are in town.
ReplyDeleteWoot for the runningmoon! Enjoy it while it lasts--mine was at least a couple of years so you've got plenty of time.
I think I am the only one hoping for a cool weekend.
ReplyDeleteI hope your son's week turns around so you can have a good week too! :)
Sorry you're not having a good week! Hopefully a run will help with that. And some sun. Goodness, I miss the sun.
ReplyDeleteWe're going to a baseball game but I'm not sure what else. We're not very exciting.
BTW, I'm already planning to use long runs to chase after my sanity!
Sometimes the best runs come on the tail of a shitty week. Have a fun holiday weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like Hubby and I are trail running tonight and then hitting the mountains for a 3-day backpacking trip.
Can't wait to hear how your 20 went :)
I hope your week gets better or that your weekend is at least better than your week. And this weather is LAME. What is up with mother nature??
ReplyDeleteThese bad weeks with your son kind of remind me of teething with babes. It's like, you get sooooo used to them sleeping through the night (in your case, you get used to the good weeks), that a restless night (or, in your case, a bad week) seems way worse than when you were dealing with it all the time. Ugh. Hang on tight - this weekend should be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI am so with you on the crankiness. At some point the weather has to improve for more than one day. I'm also doing 20 this weekend! Another distance first for me. Good luck with your 20 miler - I hope it's a nice break for you!
ReplyDeleteI think we are having similar week.
ReplyDeleteNothing like kids to make a 20 mile run sound awesome! My kids finished preschool this week, but public school still has another week. I'm already not loving them being out! I planned my runs around them both being in preschool and now I've gotta figure out a summer plan.
ReplyDeleteStay strong! I can't wait for real summer weather too!
ReplyDeletethe weather is about to get better - yea!!! hopefully that helps :)
ReplyDelete