Well, my last week of tough training is done. Hello TAPER!
Monday: 4.5 easy recovery miles with Sarah (average pace: 11:10)
Tuesday: rest (read: RAIN)
Wednesday: rest (John had a night meeting which preempted my track workout. Much pouting.)
Thursday: 5 miles (average pace: 10:23)
Friday: 3.57 fun miles with Kim (average pace: 10:18)
Saturday: 20 miles!! (average pace: 11:37)
Sunday: rest (read bbq with friends trying not to eat everything in sight)
Week total miles: 33.07 miles
My left calf had been acting up after the half, and I was happy that it seemed to work itself out by my 20 miler. It's still a little tight, but not anything I'm concerned about. Today I get to go see my sister's new house and spend time with my family. Happy Memorial Day to everyone! And my heartfelt thanks to the men and women who've served and who continue to serve our country.
Great week of training! And high mileage! Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteI am happy your calf is behaving itself now :)
Enjoy your well deserved taper!
ReplyDeleteWhoo hoo...taper time!! You're almost there. :)
ReplyDeleteYea for taper!!!! You're so close!! Great week of training!
ReplyDeletegreat job on the miles!
ReplyDelete