Thursday, March 24, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Mother Nature is trying to kill me. I alternately love and loathe this time of year. It's GORGEOUS out! Oh, wait, IT'S STILL WINTER! No, it's GORGEOUS OUT!! Hmmm, wait a minute, SNOW!!

Fucking sucks.

Monday I ran in capris and a long sleeved tech tee and I was almost too warm. Today, full on winter gear with snowflakes trying to put out my eyes as I ran into the wind. Gah.

2. I got my bib number for Grandma's already!!! Which seems super early to me, but hey, whatev. I am 5707. Now I just need to not lose the little postcard that I got which I'll need for packet pickup. In June. Any takers on the odds that I can find it in almost 3 months?

3. Tonight I am going to a clinic put on my the running club on the mental side of training. I am so excited about this - I can't wait to see what I glean from this. Hopefully, I'll acquire lots of great tools for my arsenal to use at mile 22 or so...

9 comments:

  1. Agree - this on-again off-again winter is BS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - UGH. I KNOW. It was 80 Tuesday. EIGHTY. The wind chill is at this moment 37 with a freeze warning for tonight.

    2 - Put that joker on the fridge so you'll have to look at it every day!

    3 - Sounds interesting! Let us know what you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! This shit is for the birds!! Please report back about the seminar it sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's super early for a packet! I would lose it for sure :) Good luck with the nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No snow here, Bobbi, but Mother Nature dipped way down again. I have no idea what to expect any given day, so I've stopped watching the weather report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Digging your blog, Bobbi! You are pretty damn funny!

    Got my bib too! #5577. Fives and Sevens - we both got good numbers! I have no idea where the hell I'm going to put that little green card so I can find it in June....

    Cannot WAIT until this frickin winter ends. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sick of the Chicago weather. At least the Shamrock Shuffle is not this weekend (infamously on a late March in the snow or cold) -- now it's 2 weeks later in April!

    Can't wait to hear more about the clinic you're headed to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate trying to keep track of those cards. I put it somewhere, and TRY to remember to put it in the notes on my phone AND computer AND email just in case. But i never remember.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm from Duluth! Grandma's is a great race, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete