This one will be super quick, because I did VERY LITTLE last week. And, truthfully, I am 100% ok with that.
Monday: 4.5 mile bonus run - I didn't expect to get anything in, and I flew when I got the chance. Average pace = 10:23 with splits: 10:36, 10:31, 10:15, 10:35, 9:36 (last half mile). Craziness.
Tuesday: 6 miles with an average pace of 10:58. This was the run where my right leg went all wonky and felt like it was going to give out. I realized that I needed to bust out my new shoes way too late, I guess. I resolved to rest it and see what happened for the weekend.
Wednesday: 4 mile walk with my girlfriend and her 3 week old baby (SO CUTE!!!). It was simply too nice to not be outside.
My shin was still sore, and the weekend was spent at my Mom's house cleaning (totally counts as crosstraining). So there were no more miles to report for the rest of the week. It was technically a step back week, even though I originally wanted to get 10 in (I had been trying to stay a week ahead of my plan) so it doesn't bother me TOO much. I am being CAUTIOUS.
Total miles for the week: 10.5
The good news is that today was gorgeous! And I got out there in my new kicks and did 7.6 miles without a SINGLE PEEP from wonky right leg. So, moving on....
The weather in the Midwest has made me jealous! We've gotten rain every day here since the middle of January. I'm glad to hear you took advantage of the beautiful weather!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the beautiful weather on my weekend long run but it looks like rain for the next week :(
ReplyDeleteCrazy how new shoes can fix what ails ya!
ReplyDeleteGood shoes make all the difference. Yay for no wonkiness.
ReplyDeleteHooray for new shoes, warmer weather, and feeling better! Oh yeah, and walking with girlfriends and new babies - how fun!
ReplyDeleteLove new shoes ... you need an easy week every once in a while!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are ok with not doing a lot last week, it is so important to listen to your body and what in needs. And this is a new week.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the new shoes.
Run Strong,
Elena
I am happy you took somewhat of a rest week and came back strong! :)
ReplyDeleteOMGosh I love the term "wonky" I'm cracking up here. I love reading that because it makes me say it and the sound of it just freaking makes my mouth happy.
ReplyDelete