2. I am TERRIFIED. I think I'm more nervous about this than I am about the marathon itself. It probably has to do with my missed training - I'm jumping up from 13.3 to 20, having missed my 14, 16 and 18 milers. So I have NO WAY of predicting how this will be. No clue. And that scares the crap out of me. It's also something I'm doing without family support - John will be home with the kids so I'm flying solo for this (meaning I get to drive myself home afterwards too - ugh).
3. The good news is, if I survive this, it will give me more confidence about 10/10/10 than anything else could possibly. So there's a lot riding on this one run for me. Which brings me back to being scared all over again!
I know this seems a bit melodramatic, but it's honest. It's where my head is right now. I just need to make it through Saturday.
Just keep running.
Just keep running.
Just keep running...running...running.
What do we do? We run!
(sung in my best "Dory" voice)
You are going to do great!! If you need to walk, then do it! 13 to 20 is a big jump! No need to risk injury so close to the big one!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry! Figure out what works for you on Saturday and do that! I walked a minute after each mile during my 18 and that really helped! And you'll be with a group in case you need something. :)
ReplyDeleteI got the shirt too. I really like it (well, the way it looks and feels, haven't tried it on!).
Hope to meet you! I'll probably end up being in your group after awhile (group 10?).
I'd say start slow, take it easy and just enjoy it and that should take you through it! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks Meggan and Kim! I should definitely have been singing "just keep moving" because I do plan to walk a lot. I've been doing a 30 second walk break every mile or so during training, and that's helping. The big goal is to come through healthy! (yup - 10 to start - I'm sure we'll find each other!)
ReplyDeleteAnd Abbi too!
ReplyDeleteYou are cracking me up. I am in the EXACT same boat. You will do great! I can't wait to read about your run. I love your mantra.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck Bobbi! You will do great--attitude is the most difficult thing to keep positive, and it sounds like you are tops in positivity. Will be looking forward to seeing how you did. And who cares if you have to walk? A mile is a mile no matter how you get there!
ReplyDeleteThe group will help a ton--darn if I didn't push off today's run I could come do it with you.
ReplyDeleteExpect your body to rebel probably shortly after 13 then again every couple of miles. Push through and it'll settle down. Of course walk whenever...the weather should be good! Thinking of you!
I sing that song to myself all of the time! Too funny! Where's your run...I love those shirts! Wish it was next weekend because if it's close to chicago, I would come run with you:/ Good luck, you will do great! Just fuel and hydrate properly!!
ReplyDeleteIt's not uncommon to hear me quoting Dory and it almost always makes me smile. Good luck this weekend. I bet you will surprise yourself :)
ReplyDeleteI know that scared feeling but I also know that you will be fine. I can't wait to hear about it!
ReplyDeleteI HATE having to drive myself to/from races. Yuck! I wish I had some free time so I could go with and cheer you on!
You will rock it!! As my husband told me last night ' You are going to have a great run'. I said 'I hope so', he said 'No Hope, just know'. And lo and behold I had a rocken 20 mile run today- I could of never predicted how fun and awesome this run was going to be. Take it one step, one mile at a time. Cant wait to here all about it!!! You can do it- myself and a lot of other people believe in you!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust breathe. Think of it as just another run. If you count miles, count backwards 20, 19, 18. Or break it up into 4 5 mile runs or 2 10s. Whatever way works. You will do great! I hope you enjoy it along the way too.
ReplyDeleteYou're gonna be awesome! Don't look at it as 20 miles... break it down into shorter more manageable distances. Can't wait to hear about it!
ReplyDelete