I am starting to stress.
While I am woefully under-trained, I am NOT stressing about the race. In fact, I am so so excited about that part of it. I cannot WAIT to get running.
I am stressing about logistics again.
If you knew me in real life, this would not surprise you in the slightest - this is what I do, prior to any major event. I stress about details. And race weekend, I have more than one "major events" happening simultaneously. It's a recipe for a Bobbi Freak Out. My husband is thrilled (insert copious amounts of sarcasm here). This post is boring and for me - I am a list maker, so I'm doing this to calm myself down. Feel free to navigate away...you won't hurt my feelings, I promise!
Before next Friday, I need to:
1. CLEAN MY DISASTER OF A HOUSE. While trying to convince The Boy that moving his stuff is not life altering.
2. Clean my Mom's house. (she pays me - I need the $)
3. Order flowers for my parents.
4. Purchase / figure out clothes for the 6 of us for family photos.
5. Figure out race day outfit. (will probably go with tried and true)
6. Purchase card and present for my niece's birthday.
7. Coordinate all of the above around preschool developmental screening for The Boy (yay!!!! I'm really excited about this), 3 volleyball games, and all regular life stuff.
Friday 10/8 will involve:
1. Racing to the Expo for packet pickup first thing in the morning. The kids are off school, so it may be a family affair.
2. Meeting my parents at the Milwaukee airport to pick up my sister and her family. Yes, there will be much driving happening this day.
3. Dinner with crew.
4. My niece will then come home with us and is staying with us for the duration (yay! love her).
Saturday 10/9:
1. Get everyone up, fed, clean, fed again, clothed for pictures and party.
2. Pick up flowers for my parents (hmmm...maybe delivery...).
3. Drive to parents (1.5 hours) and head to park for family photos. (note: HATE family photos...this will probably be my biggest stress of the day. Trying to get everyone looking, smiling, not killing each other is TORTURE for me.)
4. Wish I was not running 26.2 tomorrow so I could DRINK. NEED DRINK.
5. Enjoy a lovely party celebrating 40 years of marriage for my Mom and Dad. We are expecting about 25 or so, which is just the right size. (my Mom put pasta on the menu just for me, and planned it early, again, just for me - I LOVE her)
6. Head back to my parents' for dessert and champagne (well, no champagne for me).
7. Try not to crap out too early - head home for hopefully sort of early night.
Sunday 10/10/10:
1. Get up entirely too early.
2. More driving. Yay. (I am heading down solo early - everyone else will drive down a little later, I think)
3. RUN!!! This is all that matters this day. I can't wait!
4. The rest will depend on how I feel after the race. I really can't care about anything beyond this point. I think I'll let everyone else figure out the rest.
Monday 10/11:
1. Meet in Milwaukee for breakfast.
2. Take my sister and her family back to the airport.
3. Cry.
I am so thankful that John took Friday and Monday off work. It'll all be wonderful. The weather report as it stands looks stunning. There's a Bears game at noon on Sunday (seriously - ACK!) that should eff up traffic, but at that point I'll be close to done, so who cares.
I probably won't be around much in the coming week, but I'm sure I'll torture you with my freak outs a couple more times before it's all said and done.
TEN MORE DAYS!
I so hear ya. I don't have a party along with marathon stuff. But I do have to travel in for the marathon. Stress and make sure hubby and kids are all set.
ReplyDeleteTraining is almost done- can that really be!! Holy smokes. You will do great!!!!
Cant wait to read all of our recaps of the day. Because even though there are a bunch us running the same 26.2 miles, our stories /adventures /recaps of the day could and will be so different.
Rock the run!!! Enjoy the next few days and relax if you can.
Have you thought of having your family take Amtrak from and back to the airport? It's a relaxing and scenic ride and probably easier for you to get them from Union Station (or Ogilvy, can't remember). Anyway, one less item and way less driving.
ReplyDelete@Christa - travelling and hotel staying with your family is almost as stressful as a party! I, too am looking so forward to comparing notes with everyone after this is done...
ReplyDelete@Kovas - unfortunately, the train isn't an option for us. My parents live NW of Milwaukee, and I'm not close to any of the train routes, so drive we must.
If it helps, I can pick up your stuff for you at the expo on Friday and bring it to your place Friday night.
ReplyDeleteThat is A LOT to do. But you will have a blast! :)
I would feel the same way. I am a list maker too and this all sounds like exactly the way I'd handle it all. I almost never stress about the actual run part, all the parts leading up to it are the parts I worry about.
ReplyDeleteBobbi! Good luck at the marathon--I'm looking forward to your blog about the details of your successful run! I've given your blog the Lovely Blog Award--see my latest blog for details. Anyway, I love to read your blog and wish you well. I'm hoping to start running again soon...
ReplyDeleteHopefully the list makes you feel better. I know I tend to be stressed when I have a bunch of stuff and the list eases it. I'm sure you'll get through it all!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be fine! I did laugh though when I noticed you pre scheduled a cry at the end of all of this! Good luck!
ReplyDeletewell.... i'm not stressing that much. mostly because today i get to have a big sigh of *relief*. and hopefully tomorrow will be the same. =) i've been having some severe groin pain, like it hurts really bad to lift my leg to put on pants. so today i went to the doc, he put my hip back in place, and told me i can run tomorrow! yea!!!! busy weekend ahead, but i know once monday comes around i'll be all about the race!!!
ReplyDeletethings will fall into place! no worries! you can do it! (and take a great picture, too)
you're sooooo close =) one week, three days!
I love lists....make them all the time, they make me happy. Good luck on your race!!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed that there was only ONE cry scheduled in all of this!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of logistical stuff to stress about! I swear doing 'away' marathons are less stressful for me. Bummer I won't see you at the expo!
ReplyDeletelogistics is the worst part of running. I'm sure you'll make it work. you'll make it work and add rest those legs!
ReplyDelete