1. Someone needs to teach my kids how to sleep! It's been a bummer week for that, resulting in a skipped run yesterday (which I hate!) but an extra hour of sleep wins. Tomorrow I have an easy 8 on my schedule. I may up it to an even 10 to take care of Marcia's virtual race for Lupus. Go here to check it out.
2. I have forgotten how difficult the beginning of the school year is. I do this EVERY year, but this year, with Julia in kindergarten, is especially brutal. The WHINING. The DRAMA. Seriously? KNOCK IT OFF! I'm trying my best to be a patient mommy who understands what she's going through, but wow...it's tough.
3. YAY for school sports though! Jenna started 6th grade volleyball last night. I love going to the games and hanging with parents and cheering her on. So fun!
4. It is such a relief to be running in cooler temperatures every morning. I love it! But it's super dark out there! Like middle of the night, can't see QUITE what I'm stepping on dark. Thank God for street lights!
5. The Grand Finale! John and I are celebrating our 12 year wedding anniversary a week early, courtesy of my fantastic parents. They are putting us up at a hotel in the city and watching the kids for the night so we can spend nearly 24 hours child-free. WAHOO! I so need this right now (see numbers 1 and 2).
Have a great weekend everyone! I know I will...
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the cooler morning temps. So much easier for running.
12 years of marriage. Wow! My hubs and I are celebrating 2 years on the 29th. My parents just celebrated their 37th.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary and have a great weekend! I know what you mean about running early in the mornings and the dark. It's hard!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! We'll be 12 this year too in November!
ReplyDeleteYay for the virtual race--can't wait for the report!
Happy anniversary! Enjoy your kidless time!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how I made my way to your blog but I'm glad I did. Happy anniversary. I envy your kidless time :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I could not be anymore relieved for cooler temps. Training this summer was hard with the heat.
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI normally find the beginning of the school year tough, for the same reasons but this year it has been pretty easy. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop as far as that goes (and I am knocking on wood as I type this because I am sure I just set myself up for something terrible!)
congrats on 12 years!! Just awesome. And btw, you are going to do great on your 20 miler. Don't be scared. Just push on :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! :)
ReplyDeleteI am bummed about it being so dark too. I can't get to my beloved LCFDs before sundown. But love the cooler temps!