It's snowing.
Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE snow, but by mid-February, I'm done with it. And even this year, where we've hardly gotten any snow, I guess my mind is STILL done with it.
I think it's more because James didn't have school today so I couldn't get out there and run in it (seriously, it was that puffy, not windy, BIG FAT FLAKE kind of snow. *sigh* John says it looks like volcanic ash, hehe).
***
I've been having one of those never ending weeks, with extra stuff happening both during the day and in the evenings too. Some normal stuff, some "putting fires out" kind of stuff, some random EXTRA stuff. And not just evenings - my normal mornings have been jacked up too, so no running makes Bobbi something something...
I hate being THAT busy.
This weekend, Jenna has a basketball tournament. Now, I'm all for sports, but I have to say: I LOATH tournaments. Why? Because what time the next thing happens depends solely on the outcome of the thing that hasn't happened yet. Meaning, I CAN'T PLAN.
***
I'm still running for Sherry tomorrow morning. There have been tentative plans for GREAT Sunday running, but it'll all depend on how basketball falls. I don't consider myself ridiculously type A controlling, but not being able to plan makes me nuts.
Are you running for Sherry? Does last minute scheduling make you crazy?
***
My blog broke a little - I can't get my blog list back. Any ideas as to wtf I'm doing wrong?
We had snow here today, too. Biggish flakes, but soggy and melting the second they touched the ground. Still, it was enough to count as "snowy" on our weather graph.
ReplyDeleteLife is so busy these days. I hear you. Ugh. The amount of twisting I have to do to fit in this weekend's runs is ridiculous...and the following weekend they made BOTH be treadmill runs since I'll be in Chicago but when I can run will depend on--you guessed it!!--tournament scheduling.
We're staying at the Marriott Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge. Not sure how that relates to where you live, but I'd love to meet my Chicago blog friends if at all possible. I'll have to fb email you guys or something.
The snow is beautiful though. I can say that because I'm not driving in it...yet...need to go pick up thing 2 in 15 minutes...need a dog sled!
ReplyDeleteMight be snow shoeing for Sherry tomorrow but I'm doing it.
Keep me posted for Sunday! :)
I am so done with winter, yes I can run in the winter time, but I am more of a biker, I cant bike in this cold of weather, drives me crazy
ReplyDeleteBlech it just started snowing here too!!
ReplyDeleteWe had about one week of winter (rain here) and it has been sunny ever since. On Monday, it was the warmest day since I moved here: 70F. Maybe you need to come visit me? :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on winning the giveaway.
It was snowing and blowing like crazy at my office - and I don't think my office is all that far from where you live. Weird Chicago weather.
ReplyDeleteI've read about the run for Sherry this weekend. I won't be running, per se, but do plan to go to the gym tomorrow morning and might take a moment of silence to think of her and all those people who will be running to support her.
I agree with Marcia, it is a pretty snow. But I don't appreciate that it always chooses to snow on Friday afternoons so it makes my drive home from school at 5 pm a mess. Hope things slow down a bit for you! Its that time of the quarter where my life is about to get crazy (finals are around the corner!) I am planning on running for Sherri at some point tomorrow, but I'm also playing in a basketball tourney tomorrow morning which could be interesting.
ReplyDeleteI am over the snow too...it's pretty in December, NOT mid February...
ReplyDeleteI'll be hopefully running tomorrow for Sherry!
Was going to see if you wanted to meet up for lunch tomorrow but sounds like you have a normal jam packed weekend!
I'ts suppose to snow here over night...but, we haven't had much so I can't complain...
ReplyDeleteI AM A PLANNER...not because I need to be, but because I have to be! A husband coaching most the year, 3 boys and a full time working mom...I NEED MY TIME!!!
i hope you get your time in this weekend as well!
I will be "swimming or walking "tomorrow for sherry as I am not allowed to run yet!
Looking forward to following your blog!
I was actually digging the snow today. For some reason it just looked so beautiful and covered everything with a clean white blanket. But that doesn't mean I want it to stick around...
ReplyDeleteA basketball tournament sounds like loads of fun
Yes running for Sherry tomorrow
ReplyDeleteBasketball tournament is my idea of a perfect day
I miss the snow.
No snow here, just really, really cold weather. I miss the snow! I ran for Sherry today too. It's amazing the number of people who participated!
ReplyDeleteI have no idea. sometime blogger has bugs - if anything I'd try searching it and see if there's a notice, as sometimes it's just bloggers issues not yours.
ReplyDeleteWe had sleet last night and it was not fun! I'm ready for spring.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great week!