I completely adore how blogging has made me so many friends who get what I do. Who love what I love. Enough so that when I'm struggling with what EXACTLY I want in a training plan this go 'round, one takes pity on me and dumps exactly what I need in my lap.
I heart runners.
You see, I'd used the same training plan for all 3 of my previous marathons. And while I did adjust a little for the last (failed) attempt, I felt like it was no longer enough.
So after staring at it and getting scared of it and scooching things around to better accommodate my actual life (yes, really, I do have one) I have declared it perfect.
It is just scary enough to give me that oogy gut feeling without being completely overwhelming. Well, not yet anyway. Ask me again in one of those 50 mile weeks.
It's moved me up to a 5 day a week runner.
It has 2 pace-specific runs per week.
It's gonna be epic. I seriously CANNOT WAIT for Grandma's this year.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm already behind on my shiny new training plan (darn kids and their days off of school and Valentine's Day parties). Gotta run! :)
oh, where did you get this shiny new plan? I need one too. I am SO sad I won't be able to do Grandma's this year. I loved that race!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDelete5 run days a week. Cannot even imagine. Said the queen of low mileage.
ReplyDeleteI hope this plan is good to you and takes you exactly where you wanna go! :)
So exciting! It's always so nerve-wracking changing things but it is always worth it.
ReplyDeleteNew plans are exciting
ReplyDeleteAs for blogging friends, we get "it", we understand what others dont who are not into our sport. The ups, the downs, the stress, the small victories, the commitment.
It sounds like a great plan! I think a good plan scares you a little at the beginning but makes you feel confident and excited too. You are going to do great!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the new plan! Which one is it?
ReplyDeleteI have really gotten in a groove with running 5x a week. I thought I couldn't do it before, but I have been doing it for quite some time now and it works well!
Pace specific runs will be really good for you! Glad you found a plan you think will work.
ReplyDeleteI love your last line: Gotta Run - hopefully, pun intended! =)
ReplyDeleteYay for a new training plan. I "heard" your enthusiasm. I can't wait to follow along with you as you work through this plan. Know I'm over here in IN cheering you on every step of the way!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope it is a good one and gets you a nice, shiny PR at Grandma's :)
ReplyDeletehow awesome and exciting! can't wait to see how it all turns out :)
ReplyDeleteYou have to love it when you can find a plan you get excited about - makes it a lot easier to put those shoes on and get out the door! Wahoo!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this :) keep the posts coming and who doesn't love Grandma? ;)
ReplyDeleteVery exciting! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteMy plan has moved me up to running 5 days a week. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected.
I love starting a new training plan! I don't know what it is...the fresh start i guess?
ReplyDeleteExciting! Can't wait to hear more about this training plan and how you take to it. Go Grandma's Marathon!
ReplyDeleteYay for your shiny new training plan! I LOVE getting a training plan in my grubby little hands! Soooo excited to be getting started to see Grandma again. :)
ReplyDeleteMaking new friends was one of my motivations for starting a running blog, and runners are the type of friends I need.
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome you're so motivated.
i had no idea you and Michelle were sisters...so cool:)
ReplyDeleteI think your plan sounds like a great one...and one you are comfortable with with counts the MOST!!
I'm right with you on the blogging and making new connections. with my recovery from this darn surgery...i have found that these new connections have made more of a positive impact on me thatn anything else...
keep it up!