So, as I said, I got a brand new training plan in my grubby paws late on Tuesday. That set my week behind a little bit, but I recovered nicely. Overall? This week of training was so so perfect.
Monday: 3 easy on the schedule, but James was off school, so rest it was.
Tuesday: 6 @ MRP - 30 seconds on the schedule, but James had his Valentine's Day party, and I couldn't say no. Rest again.
Wednesday: 3 easy on the schedule, but I decided to do my Tuesday run. 6 @ 10:23 pace ended up 6@ 10:21 pace, progressive. (10:53, 10:47, 10:28, 10:07, 10:04, 9:53) I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be striving for a more consistent pace, but this felt really good.
That night, I had strength class. We did a lot of work with plyoboxes, and a lot of jumping. We planked off the boxes and used weights too. It kicked my butt after that run, and I was a sweaty mess by the time we finished.
Thursday: Rest on the schedule, but I made up my easy miles instead. I did 6 @ 10:49, which is a little faster than I meant to run.
Friday: So I thought I had it all figured out - my older kids were off school, but Jenna was going to sit for me while James napped in the afternoon. Until Julia hurled her breakfast everywhere. *sigh* Nothing like a Lucky Charms puke clown face to start your day. (WHY do they insist on trying to somehow hold it in their mouths? It never works!)
BUT. Lucky for me, she never puked again, AND John came home from work early. Hurray! Run saved! I headed out for 6 @ 10:30 pace. This got thrown a little when I started right when all the neighborhood high school kids were getting off the bus. So there were kids and construction workers everywhere (they are still building in my 'hood). I'm not sure why, but I always run unintentionally faster around people. So when I clocked the first mile at under 10, I started thinking. Hmmm. Weather? Beautiful! Legs? Feel great. I went for it.
LESS THAN AN HOUR later, I was done. With 10k. In 58:47. Yes, I ran a PR training run. (9:57, 9:40, 9:28, 9:21, 9:20, 9:11, 9:02 for the last 0.2) I was BEAMING.
Saturday: After the Friday evening speed fest, I was a little nervous about my long run legs. My friends Sarah wanted to start with me though, which was just what I needed. I ran slow and steady, and felt great when I was done. Again, the weather was perfect. (11:16, 11:14, 11:07, 11:21, 11:13, 11:05, 11:05, 11:23, 10:54, 10:49, 10:00) 11 miles done at 11:02 average pace.
Since I started late, the next couple hours were a whirlwind of smashing in work under the wire. But I got everything accomplished I needed to, and then I headed into the city. Because one of my favorite bloggy friends was there!
After I finally made it (seriously, Chicago traffic SUCKS) I spent the next few hours hanging out with Kate, who is absolutely as warm and real and funny in person as she is on her blog. We cheered for her son (who was playing in a volleyball tournament) and gabbed a LOT. I seriously love meeting bloggers, and it's always crazy to me just how accurate the picture in my head is. I had a great time, and hopefully we can do it again soon!
Sunday: I'm still in my jammies. I'm going shopping soon - does that count for cross training?
Week total: 29.2 miles

Sounds like you had some good runs this week! What is your goal marathon pace?
ReplyDeleteYou are gonna absolutely BITCH SLAP Grandma this year. You have gotten so much faster and stronger!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week, even though there were some re-arranged runs! This is also a great start in mileage for marathon training!!
ReplyDeleteIt was SO great to meet you, and so wonderful of you to come my direction since I was trapped there all day. :) Definitely looking forward to the next time!
ReplyDeletewow! good for you!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! That's a ton of miles for week one!! 11 mile run in the first week? WOO HOO!
ReplyDeleteGreat week for you....loving your new plan!! How fun to meet Kate, I bet she was tons o fun to hang with. Someday we'll all have to hook up for a girls' weekend!!
ReplyDeleteryc-I think that the Pleasant Prairie ones are the ones that my brother and his wife went to. I am about 20 minutes from one. There is a Nike store there too. I was going to go to the Nike store, but I couldn't bear it.
ReplyDeleteYou're off to a great start! Good for you for making up miles you missed. You are getting so strong and fast girl!
ReplyDeleteYay for meeting Kate!
Awesome!!! And you felt great!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow:)
Great start on you marathon training. Your getting speedy. Keep it going girl.
ReplyDeleteAMAZING week! You are off to a very impressive start!
ReplyDelete10K PR! That is awesome! Do you feel inspired to run a timed 10K now?
ReplyDeleteWill you have a tempo run each week (the one that ended up being progressive on Wed)?
I am happy you got to do a fun blogger meetup! :) :) :)
shopping IS crosstraining - fact :) and I love that your rest day become "6 easy miles" YOU ROCK - go "corss train" away :D lol
ReplyDeleteThose training runs look great! You'll be ready in no time!
ReplyDeleteOf course shopping counts! At least when you do with ME! NOw, quit rubbing in that you get to run Grandma's! I want too! If you come early to MN, maybe we can meet up in the TC before I leave!
ReplyDelete