Here are the rules:1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
I'll be breaking the rules some, but lets start at the beginning:
1. I have been coloring my hair for a REALLY long time. Lately, I'm realizing that I'd be full on silver if I didn't. Part of me wishes I was brave enough for that, but then the sane part takes over and I go back to the salon again.
2. While I really miss having a pet, and while the kids would LOVE it if we got one, the more practical side of me realizes that I can barely keep up with the dependant living beings I already have.
3. I am one of those people who could eat the same thing every day and not grow weary of it. I see a lot of that in some of my kids.
4. I would read books all the time if I weren't so compulsive about getting to the ending. So I am forced to wait until I can devote enough time to finish the entire book before I start one.
5. I am the antithesis of crafty, but I can crochet. I crocheted my kids' baptism gown - all 4 of them wore it. I was pretty proud of that...
| Julia |
7. After the race Saturday, I listened to Riyanti and Dave talk all about the places they've travelled in their lives. I have never been outside of North America. Someday that will for sure change - I can't wait!
8. While I am a terrible housekeeper, I secretly love to do laundry, and I hate it when John "helps" because he totally messes up my system.
9. I worked at a canoe outfitters in the BWCA summers all through college. I think I would live there still if I could.
10. When I first signed up for the Chicago marathon in 2010, I never expected to fall in love with running. Or that I'd still be doing it 2 years later. So often, I start a "thing" only to lose interest later. I'm so glad that didn't happen this time!
11. I love to drive really fast. I rarely get the opportunity anymore...
Now on to Lauren's questions:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Australia
- Do you have a goal / legacy that you’d like to leave behind? Just my children - I want to raise good, happy people
- What is the food you eat most frequently? I eat cheerios almost daily
- What is the best meal you ever ate? I got engaged over dinner. I have no recollection what I ate, but it was the best day of my life at that point.
- Favorite Run? Grandma's marathon 2011
- Who did you last talk on the phone with? John
- What is the last book you read? Janet Evanovich - Smokin' Seventeen
- Open- or closed-toe shoes in the summer? open
- What’s the coolest race swag or prize that you’ve received? Nothing remarkable, sadly.
- Do you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing? Nervously outgoing?
- Do you live near or far from family? As close as we've ever been, which is still a 90 minute drive.
- What is your #1 best memory – the one that will always make you smile? As an adult, it's a toss up between my wedding to John and the birth's of all my kids. As a kid, it would be Christmas Eve at my Grandparents' house, complete with fake Santa and the ensuing mountain of presents.
- If you could do anything (career wise), and money was no object, what would that be? If I could afford it and could find the time, I'd go into forensic pathology.
- What is the most awesome place you’ve ever visited? Hawaii is magnificent.
- What is your go-to comfort food? Taco Bell.
- What is your guilty pleasure (that you’re willing to admit to in a public forum?) Vampire smut novels. Love them.
- Favorite way to relieve stress? Running. Followed closely by driving while singing really loudly.
- Favorite book? Too hard to choose. Although I always return to Gone With the Wind.
- Favorite movie? The Princess Bride
- What are you good at that hardly ever gets recognized? (example, are you a masterful karaoke singer? do you plan a mean harmonica? is your hidden talent hopscotch?) Why yes, I AM a masterful karaoke singer :) (I so wanted to be in a band when I was young)
- What did your 10-year-old self want to be when you grew up? Do you still want that? (Are you that?) Either a pediatrician or a veterinarian. But I think I would get too emotionally attached to my patients.
- What’s holding you back? Usually, only myself. But I'm getting there...
I always forget we have the forensic pathologist thing in common! Definitely on the list of dream jobs for me.
ReplyDelete3 & 11
ReplyDelete3 and 11.
Amen. Love your lists.
That baptism gown is AMAZING!!!
I love reading these! Great job on the crochet gown, it's pretty :)
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid of my bike too.
ReplyDeleteLoved learning more about you. Hey Bobbie, I'm doing Grandma's Marathon in June. Their website says that it isnt a hilly course, which is ok with me, because I hate hills.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing! I, too, love vampire smut novels. LOVE.
ReplyDeleteAlso - I think forensic pathology is fascinating! I wish the degree & schooling (and job) would just drop into my head instantaneously.
And you crochet beautifully! That is gorgeous!
Wow a marathon of random! Love it! Heck yes you crochet beautifully--that is an heirloom!
ReplyDelete#3 I do everyday
ReplyDeletebeautiful gown! normally i dont like these but this one is lovely!!!
this was fun to read!
These have been a blast to read, great to get to know fellow bloggers better...like we actually DO do something other than run :).
ReplyDeletePrincess Bride was in my wedding, love it too!
What great random facts and questions/answers. I would LOVE to visit Boundary Waters. My ex-husband and I always said we'd go...be much more fun without him. :)
ReplyDeleteThe bike thing...that's like the one part where I wasn't nodding my head and me too-ing. Haha. The gray hair thing, unfortunately, all too true. I am definitely not brave/confident enough to go there. I still occasionally get mistaken for my older boys' sister...that would NEVER happen if I let my hair be its own real gray.
I, too, am a terrible housekeeper, but my husband is welcome to do laundry whatever wrong way he wants to, as long as it saves me the work! :)
These posts are my favorite!
ReplyDeleteYou did a beautiful job with the gown! It's gorgeous!
Hi!!! thanks for stopping by I am going to add you as well. :)
ReplyDeleteI am blown away by how beautiful your crocheted baptism gown is. Amazing :)
ReplyDelete