5:31:32
A pretty far cry off from where I'd hoped to be.
While the easy answer is, "You finished! Be proud!" the reality that is my brain right now is having a much tougher time wrapping my head around Sunday.
There's a lot of disappointment there.
But don't worry - I really did have a great day, and SO much fun, but that's because I adjusted my goal mid-race to "have an AMAZING time, no matter what the pace is." It worked for me that day.
I'll be back with a real race report in the next couple days, and I hope to get caught up on everyone.
I'm way proud of so many of you! SO many PR's this weekend.
Which may or may not make my less than stellar showing sting just a LITTLE bit more...
A great day is worth a lot friend. Good for you and congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm impressed with anyone who has run a marathon-you're amazing in my book!
ReplyDeleteYou know what our running club coach says to us after we run a race we're not happy with? "You have one hour to be upset. Then you tell me what you learned from this race."
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun during the race. Dealing with your disappointment later is way better than letting it make you miserable during the event. You know what this means...the eventual sub-5:00 marathon is just going to be that much sweeter for the struggle.
ReplyDeleteBobbi, you finished that marathon. That's all you need to be thinking about, and feeling happy about! That's 26.2 more miles than most people ran that day.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Ms. Caboo. I was on the couch all day on Sunday, so you've got one up on all of us lazy people! :) I'm glad you had a good time regardless. That's what is important anyways.
ReplyDeleteDammit I'm sorry you're disappointed. I so wanted you to have the race I know you are capable of. It will come. Sooner than later. Hugs girl.
ReplyDelete* hugs * I'm sorry you didn't have the race you wanted but remember you had the courage to start and the courage to finish!! I'm glad you were able to get out there this weekend and do it!
ReplyDelete1st, CONGRATULATIONS xx
ReplyDeleteI hope you can clear your mind of what you feel were disappointments, focus on what you DID achieve.
Sorry you're bummed about it. Remember how much fun the journey is...
ReplyDeleteYou still ran a marathon, and it was STILL faster than Chicago, and almost as hot. So, there you go. You still kicked arse.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Bobbi, I know it's so hard when you don't get that 'time' you wanted, but keep in mind your TIME and effort put into this training. We are very proud of you, and all you have accomplished. Keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the finish, and being able to adjust mid-race.
ReplyDelete