Enough about the marathon right?!? But I keep reading other recaps and remembering things that I'd forgotten to mention about the race. So I think I'm just going to leave it be after saying that the 2 biggest things that I'd change if I could would be to have run it WITH someone (I tried to chat people up with little or no luck. Which was odd. I don't usually have trouble finding a bud on the course, but I think that everyone's head was deep in their own race that day) and to NOT TRUST THE DAMN RUNNER TRACKER. If I could have seen my family at mile 14-17, it may very well have been a different race for me. My other 2 big issues (my belly and the weather) were beyond my control.
SO. Moving forward to Grandma's marathon, I have solved issue number one. My sister has registered and is officially training for her first marathon. WAHOO!. I am so so so excited about running it with her (if I can keep up - she's speedier than I am). It's going to make that race very special.
I still haven't run (gasp!) and I'm itching to get tout there. I'm going as SOON as John gets home today. If I can't get my butt out of bed in the morning, I'm going to have to figure out how to get it in in the evening. So I'm adjusting, at least until daylight savings time ends. Hopefully an earlier sunrise will help me get UP.
I'm signing up for a couple more races. I just got the all clear from hubs to register, so there's a 10k and a half in my future (late November) and I am thrilled about it. Maybe even a 5k Wednesday night, but that will depend on Jenna's volleyball tournament schedule, so I won't know until tomorrow.
It feels good to have the marathon behind me - to take the pressure off. To be able to go out for drinks and not worry about it. But at the same time, I'm happy to put some more carrots out there for me to chase...
Register for the Chicago Monster Half on Halloween - that's almost November! I'm running that for my first half. Also the Hot Chocolate 5K on Nov 6th.
ReplyDeleteDitto on the runner tracking. The few my hubby got were and hour+ late.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have exciting plans brewing!
I feel ya on the "able to go out for drinks and not worry about it" ... That was my favorite part about my off week last week!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have some fun races coming up!! And Yay for running with you sister! :o)
ReplyDeleteWinter training is such a challenge especially before the time changes. I'm devising my plan now!
ReplyDeleteI am just catching up. First of all Congratulations! You did great! Loved your race recap. Second....I will see you at Grandmas! I either run one of the races or I volunteer at the finish line every year. I am looking forward hearing how the training goes.
ReplyDeleteI know....I came home and raked leaves tonight because my legs were too sore to go for a run. Seriously? But I'm glad to hear you are looking for another race!
ReplyDeleteI am having such a hard time getting up now that it is dark out in the morning. Yuck!
ReplyDeleteI agree, running with someone is much more fun and makes it seems so much easier for some reason.
I am so excited you are runing the next marathon with your sis! I would love to run with my sister. She doesn't really run or exercise at all though.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the local 5K this Wednesday? I need to run on Wednesday anyway...
Did you get your run in yesterday? :)
WTG Bobbi! I loved reading your recaps and I totally wish we ran together because we were just about step for step. I'm running the Hot Chocolate 15K and who knows what later. I'm not ready to commit to another marathon yet. Kuddos to you for registering for Grandmas. That's one big carrot. Thanks for sharing your story. And congrats on getting your first post marathon run in :)
ReplyDeleteIt is a weird feeling when you finish a big race. It is almost hard to let go of the excitement and build up. I don't know if it is smart, but I am considering a redemption marathon in late November. The verdict is still out.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to the drinking world! (that was a big deal for me :) )
lots to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteyeah, the runner tracking isn't very reliable and I have found it difficult to chat up people in Chicago too. so weird! good luck with all that's upcoming!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you and your enthusiasm! Btw, my running buddy wants to do Grandma next year, too. So you might have some other company if I decide to join her!
ReplyDelete