1. Running, oh how I miss you so. But not, apparently, enough to actually crawl out of bed in the morning to get it done. I have been consumed by the laziness, and when I'm not consumed, the weather dictates what I will and will not do. I have to get this figured out! I really thought that it'd be easier once the kids were back in school, but that hasn't proven to be true at all.
2. I love Halloween. I love carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds. I love dressing the kids up and handing out candy to all the neighborhood kids (we get a TON of traffic every year) and I love giving ridiculous teenagers with no costume and a plastic grocery bag ALL KINDS OF SHIT about "what are YOU supposed to be?" before giving them the tiniest piece of candy I have, only if they can think well on the fly. We are also going to the zoo on Saturday for Trick-or-Treating there. It should be a really fun weekend.
3. Tonight is the annual Fall Fest the school holds at a local pumpkin patch and corn maze. I opted to split us up rather than try to have fun with 2 wasted little ones (James has a nasty cold and Julia doesn't last much past 6 these days). Jenna and Jack are really looking forward to it! The corn maze is huge and TOUGH - well for me anyhow...I am severely directionally challenged.
4. Monday is going to be insane. I finally heard from the county, and James is going in for his next set of evaluations, along with the vision and hearing screening that he flat out refused last time. I'm so glad this is moving forward, but I'm still nervous about the appointment itself (3 hours!!!) especially taking into consideration how the last go-round went. But it's progress in the right direction, so as scared I am of how it'll go, I'm still SO HAPPY that we're going.
5. Monday afternoon, after dealing with 3 hours of developmental screening, I get to go to my ob-gyn to take care of my cervix, after 3 abnormal paps in a row. (TMI? Sorry.) I had originally scheduled this (a LEEP) for 2 weeks before the marathon, but when I got in there and actually read through the "after the procedure" instructions, I realized that it was a bigger deal than I thought, and I wasn't willing to jeopardize race day for it. So 11/1 it is. After consulting Dr. Google, I'm a bit freaked out, and I'm not sure what to expect after. Anyone gone through this before?
Have a safe and spooky Halloween!
Sounds like you're going to have a fun weekend! Keeping my fingers crossed for you on Monday! Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on Monday! And you'll find your motivation again...maybe daylight saving time will help you get up a bit earlier. I've been having the same problem and I"m hoping that makes a change!
ReplyDeleteHave a great spooky weekend, hopefully it won't be too cold, My MIL will be in town (on her broom) so wish me luck. Sending all good thoughts for the LEEP.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes very well for you on Monday. You're in my thoughts! Don't eat too much candy; I know I probably will. As for running--after a huge build up to a major race, I always find myself going through a "running depression", especially when the colder weather appears. It will pass, don't worry.
ReplyDeleteHappy Halloween. Dont fret you will be out of the post race blues in no time
ReplyDeleteSounds like this weekend will be a lot of fun! Hope everything goes okay Monday! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the cervix thing. I didn't have that procedure done but had something else done and it was sort of a bigger deal than I thought in some ways, but less of a big deal than I expected in others. Hopefully everything will go well and be easy for you!
ReplyDeleteMy best friend has had this done (I think). I know she has had all kinds of abnormal paps even after she had a hysterectomy (for cancer though, not for regular abnormal stuff)
Also good luck with the developmental screening. I bet you are probably more worried about that than about yourself even though yours is kind of a bigger deal. I know I am always more worried about my kids than myself!
I hope everything went well today Bobbi! And that you had a great Halloween! :)
ReplyDelete