So, I am still having a tough time getting back into the blog habit...oops.
BUT! I am running. And looking forward to spring like running. Unfortunately, mother nature has decided that winter running must remain for the unforeseeable future. This has made me a crabby runner.
But it hasn't stopped me from getting out there.
Two weekends ago, I logged the absolute MOST successful long run of my life. It was 15.2 miles of the most consistent splits I've ever had in a long run. There was no death march at the end. I felt mostly ok the whole time. The only reason I didn't make it 16 miles was my stomach, and the only reason my stomach wasn't playing fair is that I was on antibiotics for the first round of strep throat.
Yeah, spring hasn't been all that nice to me so far. But that run was amazing either way. Even if it WAS in black ice and freezing rain, the company was amazing and I had a ton of fun. And it only took an hour to thaw out.
Last weekend I followed it up with the absolute WORST long run in recent memory. 16 miles of slow torturous death on super fun snowy trails that I did nothing but bitch about because I was the WHINIEST RUNNING PARTNER EVER. Holy shit, I'm surprised Kim didn't beat me upside the head. She is the ONLY reason I finished, and there may have been a tear or two on the back half.
And then the next day I came down with round 2 of strep throat. More (stronger) antibiotics for me.
My stomach is so pissed off.
But I'm looking forward to my self proclaimed Birthday Month of Running All the Races.
One 8k, two 20ks and a potential 15 miler in there. All the long races on trails. April should be SUPER fun!
Followed immediately by the WI half marathon in Kenosha with my friend Sarah (her first half!) and all the Kims and half my running club plus several bloggers. PARTY!
So I guess you could say this is the year of running for lots of fun, even though running isn't always lots of fun. I'm looking forward to it ALL.

Good luck with all your races in April! It should be a fun month for you.
ReplyDeleteOh, good times coming up!! :) I'm always impressed by your running consistency. No matter what, you're regularly logging serious miles, and your paces show it. Yea for April! :)
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how you can have an amazing run one day and then a horrible run the next, isn't it? My theory is that one in every 4 runs is good, and another one in every 4 runs is bad. Very scientific, eh?
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your strep throat but I wish you a speedy recovery! And I can't wait to see you at the Wisconsin Half!!!
Great to hear you had a great 15+ miler. I always, always have a bad run after a great run, so I can definitely relate. Sorry to hear about the strep. Hope you are feeling better. Yay to April races! :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back to blogging :) Looking forward to seeing you Saturday.
ReplyDeleteSounds exciting! Glad to get an update :) I'm on antibiotics right now too. Do you take a pro-biotic or eat yogurt a few hours after taking it? If you don't, you should try it, it helps me stave off the constant nauseous feeling I get while taking them. Might work for you.
ReplyDeleteYay Bobbi! I can't wait to see you again -- Wisconsin Half!
ReplyDeleteFabulous Bobbi! Get better soon! You continue to amaze me and give me inspiration to haul my ass outside and start running.
ReplyDeleteApril sounds pretty awesome! That's a ton of races!
ReplyDeleteI hope youa are feeling much better now!
Sounds like you have an awesome array of races coming up!! Enjoy your birthday month of running ALL the races!
ReplyDeleteWoot! Here's to an awesome April! So great to see you Saturday!
ReplyDeleteFirst, yay that you are back to blogging!! I am horrible at it myself these days...been writing a tad bit more but ugh, I can't seem to get much read. I like you though, like a lot, so I am glad you are back :).
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a good time with Marcia and the gang at the 5k on Sunday :). So fun. And here's to a solid April of racing (and birthdays...love April birthdays :)).
My son got strep a couple weeks ago, that is the first sign of strep we have ever had in our family - ever! I know it's not fun so sorry. Hope you're over it soon.
Keep up the badass self, girl....you are doing awesome. It's not easy to gut out a long run when you feel like shit. Seriously, that's impressive than any easy 17 miler and it makes you more mentally fit! :)
I think you are doing a good job getting back in to the blog habit! :) As long as I see another post this week!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was a mean trick for your body to give you Strep 2x. Grumpy Cat says no to that. I guess at least it wasn't 2x in April. Time to RUN ALL THE RACES!!!
Busy month. Good luck with all the races
ReplyDelete