Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Emerging

I think I've stopped writing because I'm not sure what to say. I started writing here as a training log. As a means to connect with other people who share my same crazy addiction for whatever it is that running gives us every day. I've shared lots of my life, sure, but primarily it was a "running blog."

But there are only so many times I can say" I ran" or "I ran far" or "I ran fastish" before I'm boring myself.

Last week I was all set to NaBloPoMo and post something every day in November. But Sunday, October 28, which was our neighborhood Trick or Treat day, James woke up feeling off. Followed closely by the start of the end.

And the bubonic plague a stomach virus took over my house for the next week. No writing here, as it was all whining all the time. And also, "snuggle with me Mommy!" and I don't know ANYONE who can say no to that.

By Thursday I was sending James back to school, but keeping Julia home. (5 loads of laundry in the middle of the night later...) Friday it was Jenna. (*poke* at 4:30am..."Mom..I threw up." "Did you make it into the bathroom?" "Yes." "Turn off your alarm and go back to bed.") Friday morning I was congratulating Jack for being the "last man standing" - he looked great. He was smiling. I sent him to school.

And the called me at 10am to come get him. Sorry bud.

Whatever this thing is, it lingers. The vomiting doesn't, but the out-of-sorts kids with no appetites last for few days. So it's been cranky and miserable 'round here.

Yesterday, though, everyone went to school. At the same time. Thankful for that.

Today, I am running and voting. Not necessarily in that order, but both will happen.

Big things are planned for the weekend ahead. I'll tell you about that later...

For now, I'll leave you with this - a little fun before the shit hit the fan...

James...I see you...

17 comments:

  1. Oh Bobbi, I hate to hear that you guys have the plague at your house. Hope everyone is feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. I love that first pic of James! Well, I love the whole album.

    So sorry that you had the 2012 Pukestorm :( I feel so bad for the kiddos. Esp James missing Halloween :(

    And you only kind of mentioned this in the beginning, but my blog has elvolved so much. Esp my race recaps. They barely even focus on the actually running part anymore! Anyway, fun to see blogs evolve.

    I am excited to hear about your big plans for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the stomach virus "plague" that hit your house. I hope the "lingering" after-effects dissipate soon! Have fun on your "voting run".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got out! Family illness is so tiring for everybody. We still have candy here so James can come over whenever he wants, but we may be down to circus peanuts and popcorn balls soon. Welcome out. I'd love to celebrate with a run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even notice a face in that first photo until I read the comments. How cute :)

    Bummer on the stomach virus. But it sounds like at least your kids took turns being sick? I dunno..maybe that makes it worse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually had that conversation a few days ago...I'd almost rather get it all over with at once (as long as I'm not one of the affected) because otherwise I am COMPLETELY out of patience by the time the last one comes down with it...

      Delete
  6. Excited to hear about your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's kind of funny that you stay off your blog because you're not sure what to write about and then your welcome back blog is all about puke. Nice - ha! Hope your family is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?!?! It's ridiculous really...but I miss everyone, so I always come back :)

      Delete
  8. That picture of James is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute pics! Glad everyone is feeling better. Tummy bugs suck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog! So sorry about the stomach bug...never a fun thing to deal with. Hope all is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I SO did not see him in the pile of leaves. Very sneaky. Sorry about flu-maggedon! I don't know how you do it, i really don't!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable pictures! And I very much relate to the not writing because of not knowing what to say. I struggle with that a lot, because I feel like what is interesting to me may be a snooze to others. Sigh.

    In any event - I wish everyone in your family a very speedy recovery!!! Sending you healthy vibes!!!

    ReplyDelete