1. Yesterday marked the birth of Jenna, my oldest daughter. She turned 12. 12!!! Insane. It was very low key, since her present was the spa fun we had a couple weeks ago. She got to choose the course of the day, so we went out to lunch with her Dad at her favorite pancake house and then? We headed to the beach.
2. What a beautiful day! The kids had so much fun - I'm not sure why we don't go more often. It' super close to our house, yet we only get there a couple times a year. Ice cream followed soon after - it was a perfect day.
3. Tomorrow I'm hitting the expo for the Chicago Rock-n-Roll half which is on SUNDAY. Kinda snuck up on my. I just reread my report from last year, and am amazed at how far I've come since then. I'm really looking forward to running this race for fun, and enjoying it. There will be no racing for me on Sunday. If you are running too, let me know - I'd love to meet up!
pancakes....beach...and ice cream? Yup pretty much a perfect day!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Sunday!!!! Isn't it neat to look back!
That beach looks amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteI bet you'll be surprised on Sunday. Every time I've said I wasn't going to race a half marathon, BAM! PR (or almost)-city. You're a better woman than I if you can keep it under control :-)
Have fun on Sunday!!
ReplyDeleteIt definitely was beautiful weather for the beach today! Looks like a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteGood luck at Rock n Roll. I'm sad I won't be doing it this year especially since it looks like the weather won't be so miserably HOT and HUMID. *knock on wood*
I'll be running Rock n Roll. I don't know how long I'll be sticking around Sunday because I work Sunday afternoon/night (stupid haha). But hopefully I'll see ya there!
ReplyDelete