Sorry I've been so quiet. It's been absolutely INSANE around here, for way too many reasons. School starts tomorrow. Hopefully then I'll be able to breathe again...
Monday: rest, and I SO needed it.
Tuesday: rest - lots of love happening between me and my foam roller (Monday too) - ass is not happy.
Wednesday: 5 early morning miles (ave. pace - 10:59) Everything was still feeling wonky, but I kept it nice and easy. Glad I got it done early, because after that I had Jack's yearly doctor visit, a birthday party, and volleyball practice to fit in there. Oh, and shopping for Julia's birthday present.
Thursday: I woke up and promptly rolled over and went back to sleep. I HATE when I do that! I had to get all the school supplies ready for the older 3 kids, as it was meet and greet that night at school. I wrapped Julia's presents before she got up. I put a candle in her bagel at breakfast and we sang to her. John took half a day and we did 6 Flags all afternoon. She wanted IHOP for dinner, so that's what we had after meet and greet. I did NOT exercise, but I am so NOT calling this a rest day. I was exhausted by the end...
Friday: I got up and ran 1.12 miles (11:53 pace) with a weird acid reflux thing happening. It wouldn't stop, so I bailed. Jenna and Julia had doctor's appointments in the morning. Then I spent the rest of the day cleaning for a party the next day, but then got a call that a friend's hubs was admitted to the hospital, could I keep her kids? Um, of course. Not in the plans, but it kept MY kids busy for the day. Fed everyone, Jenna had practice, bathed the littles, and as soon as John and Jenna got back from practice, I went for a redemption run. It's been a while since I did an entire run in the dark - I am NOT used to it. But I felt good, and managed 5.02 more miles (10:42 pace) so I was HAPPY that I made it out.
Saturday: 4.5 early morning miles (10:56 pace) which, considering I'd run not even 10 hours earlier, felt GREAT. I finished up the cleaning with lots of family help, and we had a graduation party for my Dad, who earned his BS in engineering in May. It was a lovely day, albeit a busy one.
Sunday: 12.51 miles (11:16 pace) I so didn't want to do this one. I dawdled getting out the door, but my huubs kicked me out at about 7:30. I hit the trail right by my house, and headed north. The weather was STUNNING at first, cool and breezy, and while my right leg was still sore, the run wasn't bothering it at all. I had to detour for a pit stop at about 7, but overall, I felt strong throughout. I jacked up my planned route a little, so I ran out of fluid with about a mile to go, and ended up running a little extra. But my fastest mile was mile 11(!!) and overall I was fairly consistent in my pacing.
We spent the rest of Sunday working on the basement (well, John did), and Sunday night I was asleep on the couch by 9pm. Just a little tired.
Today I ran around like an idiot getting everything I missed ready for school tomorrow (WHY am I such a procrastinator?!?) and the kids are all set. We also got to meet James' new teacher this afternoon (so happy we could do that one on one) and school starts for him on Wednesday. THEN maybe I can get back some semblance of a normal routine again. We are all craving it...
Until then, I'll leave you with a song - can't get enough of this one lately!
Oh my gosh! We did run in the same place this weekend. That trail is so lovely; I'm jealous that it's so close to you.
ReplyDeleteI had that song stuck in my head for an entire day last week. Now I can't stand it.
ReplyDeleteI have that song on my Ipod. Love it!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing--I have problems running and I don't have a family to take care of every day. Bravo to you!
love that song, bobbi! wOOt!
ReplyDeletehow can you not love jagger? #awesome
Ha ... "ass is not happy"! My wife is in love with that Moron 5 lead singer ... that little gal's got a pretty good voice though I guess.
ReplyDeleteBobbi, you are amazing for fitting that all in. That is all I have to say.
ReplyDeleteOh! And this week is going to be so much better! :)
Here is hoping your ass is happier today. Or something like that. I have so done the thing where hubs has to kick me out, because I would NEVAH go on my own either! Like you said, you survived!
ReplyDeleteThat song is currently Jack and my favorite!!!! So good!
ReplyDeleteI will let you know if I run chicago...if so, i will be rocking my glitter skirt again! we should totally meet up! I'll also be in chicago over labor day visiting friends:)