Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More Surprises

Yesterday, after dropping off my oldest son at basketball camp for the week (*sniff*), I went to my sister's house to hang for the afternoon.

Have I told you recently how much I LOVE that I can do that?!?

So this morning, I was in full on procrastination mode. I stayed up too late waiting for my hubs to get home from his late meeting, and I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I hate that. I was wasting time on the computer. I can waste a LOT of time on the damn computer.

But.

Someone from the running club posted on our page.

She had a free entry code to the Chicago Rock-n-Roll half that she couldn't use.

"Up for grabs!" she said.

Oh HELL yeah!

I snatched that up! Before, I was super bummed to not be running it this year - it was my first half ever last year, but I couldn't afford it now.

But for FREE!!???!!

WAHOO!!

Sometimes procrastination pays off...

Who else is running it?

(expect lots of radio silence this week - I'm cool, but planning our annual kids' birthday bash for Saturday. I'll pop in when I can no longer stand the cleaning...)

20 comments:

  1. Yippee for Chi RnR! It was meant to be for you! Now I hope the weather cooperates...
    I may come down and cheer you guys on...
    Kids bday bash here as well Saturday. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for free entry! That is awesome. I am excited for you. :) have fun with the birthday celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free race entry? I'd snatch that puppy up, too!

    No RnRChi for me because I already spent my fall half marathon money on the Chicago Half. Which totally screws with my training schedule what you gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet deal! I'm running RnRChi this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is soooo awesome!!! Let me ask you a question...here they won't let you switch numbers or even give them up. Is that the case with this..and you will do it on the sly or is it allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray! Free is AWESOME...as is getting to do a race you wanted to do. :)

    Not only am I not coming to Chicago or doing the St. Louis RnR half, I may change my mind about doing the cheaper half here I had planned to do. The chance has come up to do a couple amazing looking adventure races, and there's only so much race money to go around. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on the free entry! I did that race last year, as well, and thought it was super fun. Except miles 12-13.1 where I completely fell apart. Anyway, have a great time and enjoy the race!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin - I totally want to do the chicago half too. If $ were no object, I'd race so much more :)

    Annette - that was the best part of this - I registered myself, I just got to use her free coupon code. So no racing on the sly here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. free!!!! yay!!!! We'll definitely have to figure out how to meet up!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When is it Bobbi? Wonder if I could try and do it too?

    And.

    We love that you can come by too, and I apologize for my grumpiness lately...<3 U...Just a lot going on lately. LOVE LOVE LOVE U.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for free!! I'm psyched for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. COOL!! and funny because I got a free entry into the same race several months ago! Can't wait to run Chicago again... the course looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. NICE! Never run it but have always wanted to run something in Chicago..nothing else in the world like that city.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Running Gods have smiled upon you - don't forget to give them a sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. *free* is always a sweet word! have fun bobbi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is awesome! I always think things work out just how they should and this is a perfect example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome!!! It was meant to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice! What a fun surprise, especially since it sounds like a cool race!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE LOVE LOVE free stuff!! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete