Friday, July 23, 2010

Temporary (hopefully!!!) Setback

I am sideline for now. After my 10 miler, my left quad was feeling strange / hurting some. I did 4.5 on Monday, and after warming up, it felt ok, and pushed my Tuesday run to Wednesday. My Wednesday run was supposed to be 7 miles, but I only did 4.65, because my leg was really bothering me. I stretched a ton, but was having trouble stretching the spot that was hurting (it's more like my groin, but way underneath everything).

You see where this is going right? Thursday morning, I got out of bed, and I couldn't tell yet how I was going to feel. I was hopping around a little, and trying to get some indication of how my leg was doing. I decided to try it out. Within 200 meters of starting, I knew that a run wasn't in my cards - it really HURT when I ran, and I was gimping a little to accommodate it. So I scrapped the run, and walked for an hour instead, turning my music off and losing myself in my thoughts and the sunrise.

I'm feeling frustrated. I took today completely off, and it doesn't seem to hurt as much, but I can't tell without actually running. I'm going to push my long run to Sunday and just feel my way through it. I don't want to jeopardize the Chicago Rock-N-Roll Half which is a week from Sunday. But I'm nervous.

I'll keep you all posted...

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! You are wise to rest it. Wishing you a speedy recovery and I hope to see you up and running at the RNR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good decision to rest. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear you felt better today. I hope this was some weird fluke!

    ReplyDelete