
I got to run over a wood plank bridge over a lake, which was super pretty. Please excuse the crabass look on my face - I am so not a self portrait artist, and I am still figuring out how to use my new phone.

It was super lush and green after all the rain we got, and lots of sun. It didn't take me long to realize I forgot sunscreen. Ugh. Hopefully that won't bite me in the ass.
My legs felt ok. But I didn't want to push it, so I called it at 8 miles (when I ran out of powerade). I was still 2.5 miles from my car, so I got a great walk in at the end. I stopped to stretch at benches along the way...

Overall, I was happy with this run. I didn't have any pain, and I walked whenever I felt like it (which was often, since the afternoon sun seemed to zap my energy).
When I got home, I had an ice bath and a shower, and I've been stretching on and off. I'm a bit sore already, so we'll see how this is in the next day or 2. I'm really glad I didn't push my distance any further - I think I'd have regretted it.
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Great job on the run. I am glad it was pain free and I hope it stays that way.
ReplyDeleteHooray for no pain! And that this damn rain finally stopped!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the run--may you have many more pain free days on the trail!
ReplyDelete