Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Still Here...

Oh HI! I have a blog!

In my last post (which was like a month ago...oops. sorry!) I mentioned that Emz tagged me.

The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

Rules for receiving this award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.

So, my 11 things will be kind of a "what I did on my summer vacation" thing. More like what I've been up to instead of blogging. I will NOT be tagging anyone. Play along if you want!

1. I had been wanting to get family photos done forever - the last time we had them done was 2009. But I cannot afford them. So in August, I enlisted my uber talented friend Michelle, we went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens, and she worked her magic. I ended up with some of my favorite photos ever.



2. The end of August is always the toughest time of year for me. Getting everyone ready for school mentally exhausts me. I hate school supplies and labeling them and doctor's appointments and filling out forms. Definitely NOT my favorite part of being a mom.

3. That said, this year was ESPECIALLY tough. James started kindergarten. Two days before, I lost my shit completely. I was frickin terrified. Hyperventilating. Anxious. Scared to death. But my son, my crazy, quirky, sweet boy, transitioned to school BETTER THAN ANY OF HIS SIBLINGS this year. I cannot tell you how proud and happy that makes me.

4. I applied for a job but did not get it. I'm starting to get a little bummed about finding work after a more than 6 year hiatus. It isn't easy. And I am picky - I don't want just any job. I want one that I am trained and qualified for.

5. It is difficult for me to prioritize and organize my day, now that I have the WHOLE day. I work better with pressure and deadlines. Now I am content to piss away the entire thing. MUST get better about this.

6. I loved my Mizunos, but my feet didn't, long term. So I went back to my tried and true Brooks. It was a happy reunion. And they are pink! Love.

7. I have been running running running. But not really following my plan. I am 100% cool with this. I have not let summer get in my way. No excuses. Case in point, Kim and I set out for a long run 2 weeks ago. We started at 9am. It got up to 94 degrees. We were slow, but out there. We made it to 16 and called it enough, and then lazed in the pool for an hour. Running with friends this summer has made all the difference.

8. Chicago is 3 weeks from Sunday! Eek!

9. This Sunday, I'm running 20 with my sister at the Fox Valley Marathon/Half/Fall Final 20. So I paid to run a supported training run on a beautiful course and I get a MEDAL for my 20 miler. WIN!

10. Lately I have been really enjoying night running. But it's hard to go to sleep afterwards.

11. Next year is the year of no marathons for me. Both because I'm tired, and because I need to focus on getting a job and let's face it - marathon training, while enjoyable, takes a LOT of time. So next year I'll break 2 hours in the half. What - you didn't think I'd stop running, did you?

Now. Emily's questions!

1. Favorite social media? Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
It could be said that I am slightly addicted to Facebook. So I refuse to even allow myself to become involved with other social media.

2. Favorite post workout meal?
Post long run, I crave a giant burger. Always.

3. Clean the house or do yard work?
Neither. But I tend to be the cleaner and my husband is the outside guy.

4. Favorite gift you've ever received?
My engagement ring. No question.

5. Do you look most like your mom or dad?
My mom. Here's proof...
Me, my mom, and Michelle

6. If you could go any where in the world - where would you go?
So tough - but I am in full on "I need a tropical vacation" mode, so right now, I'd love to spend a long time in Hawaii and hike and run on beaches and see the top of a volcano. Volcanoes are cool.

7. Workout alone or with a group?
Lately I'm all about the group. But I crave my solo runs too.

8. Favorite song at the moment?
Cannot get enough of Muse's Madness. So. Good.

9. Three qualities of your best friend.
Authentic, Funny, True.

10. Favorite Olympic event?
Gymnastics

11. Why did you start blogging?
I started to track my training. I keep doing it because I heart my friends in the computer.

THANK YOU EMZ!!!

13 comments:

  1. I love these little non-running glimpses into bloggers' lives :) I'm with you on #5. Staying motivated with a loose schedule is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay here you are! I was afraid the blog was on hiatus. I think I'm joining you on the no marathon next year thing. I say that now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna's dress is so cute. Do they make it for adults?

    I am so happy James is doing well at his new school! And, all around!

    I was thinking about how whenever I have free time I feel like I should be running, but when I don't run, I waste the time away. Last night, I actually picked up stuff and put some laundry away and that made me feel quite good, despite not wanting to do it at first. Your comment about wasting the day away made me think of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tropical vacation sounds perfect right about now!

    I have been the same way lately about having too much time on my hands so instead of getting tons of things done I get nothing done. I can't seem to get myself on track and on a schedule to save my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbi you look awesome! And it's good to take a break from those marathon training programs. They wear you out! So happy your running has gone so well this year. Love the family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those family pictures are awesome.

    I'm so happy James is doing so well!

    I have the same problem, not being able to fall asleep after a late run. During the hottest part of the summer, I couldn't even start running until like 7:30 or 8, and trying to go to bed at 10 was pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to be at Fox Valley cheering on all of my friends running. What pace do you think you'll be running? I'll be sure to look for you if I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to meeting you this Sunday! I am so happy you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. there you are!!! I love love your family pictures!!!!! they are beautiful! so sorry about the job..:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for running this one with me, means the world. I <3 u!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is beautiful! And I'm so glad the transition went well for James! I totally know what you mean about wasting the day because every day I have big plans and then before I know it the kids are home and I have done basically nothing.

    ReplyDelete