Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Goals Revisited

So, We are halfway through the year already! Crazy talk. Last year I was really good about revisiting my goals every month and monitoring my progress (or lack thereof). This year? Not so much. So I guess it's time to figure out where I fall...

1. Run 1000 miles. (having a number holds me accountable and keeps me moving)

Well - I'm at nearly 800 for the year so far. I think it's safe to say that this one is in the bag. I think I'll aim for closer to 1500.

2. Run a sub-5 hour marathon.

DONE!! WAHOO! And from my original goal post, I wanted to break 4:50. I did that too! 4:49:31 never looked so good.

3. Run a new half PR.

DONE! I ran 2:07:01 in Wisconsin. I was really proud of that race.

4. Continue strength training.

I still go every Wednesday, and I still LOVE it.

5. Reorganize and maintain a clean house. I will keep typing this until I can make it a habit. My kids are big enough. I'm out of excuses.

LALALALA I can't hear you. What? *sigh*

6. Support my sister to the best of my ability, even if it means kicking her ass a little. Run every single step of Chicago by her side (unless I can't keep up - she IS speedier than I am).

To be honest, I'm not sure she'll run with me. She has gotten so fast - her training paces are way off what I'm capable of right now. But I'll start it with her. And we'll just go from there.

I'm feeling a little burnt out. But that's my normal "it's July and hotter than hell" mode. I still keep having decent runs, but my motivation is sorely lacking. I hope it comes back soon!

11 comments:

  1. Oh how number 5 made me laugh ..... one day I will clean my house but for now it can wait ;-)
    You are having a great year so far and are storming up those miles, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holla, holla! You're such a rock star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on the goals!! And your sister is getting VERY fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #5..that made my day..I needed a laugh!

    you are having a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, you kick my ass in distance, don't worry...we will be side by side no doubt. Thankfully though, you don't need to kick my ass at all...I do that quite well all on my own. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbi.....your just freaking awesome!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to all of the comments above! Girl - you are awesome! I'm so proud of you for balancing everything while keeping your head above water and doing it with such diva style - you go girl! Hope the 2nd half of your year is as amazing as the first half!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbi, you have come such a long way in a short time! when you have found time to clean a house let me know. I live alone and I can't keep it clean :) A super clean house is overrated!

    ReplyDelete