I am still here, but I'm rather speechless lately.
Even commenting seems nearly too much for my brain, but I try...
Life is good. And busy and crazy. And stressful.
Running is sublime. No, really. It is.
So I'm just checking things off my list, one by one, wrapping up the school year. It's too overwhelming to look at as a whole, so I'm trying to take it piece by piece.
This weekend, I'm running a local half marathon with my sister. She had originally wanted to race the hell out of it (like sub-2) but her knee has been giving her trouble. And there's already a heat advisory. So we're just going to run it strong.
Next week is project week around here - lots of house stuff has been neglected, and John is taking the week off and we are going to work.
So I'm sure once taper goodness has set in I'll have lots more to say.
But for now, I'm still here, just quiet...
happy you checked in. :)
ReplyDeleteenjoy the half.
you're awesome Bobbi!
Quiet is good sometimes! Not that I don't enjoy your prose. :)
ReplyDeleteHope the heat isn't too ridiculous this weekend.
"Running is sublime". Such an amazing feeling. You've worked hard to feel it
ReplyDelete:) Good luck this weekend, I'll be thinking of you from my own race.
ReplyDeleteI'll be doing another half this weekend, too, and just to pace a friend. Sometimes running with others is just as good as racing it hard, I think :). Hope it's not as hot as they predict....it's suppose to be super cold here. I'm pretty sure I've yet to run a half since last October where I haven't froze to death at the start. Ha.
ReplyDeleteWondering if the heat warning is just a cautious reminder to cover all grounds for them or if it's a realistic concern. Haven't yet decided...
ReplyDeleteMaybe I'll bump into you :)
Quiet is good (though we, of course, miss you!). Take deep breaths and be in the moment - enjoy it - time passes way too quickly. It's a hot one this weekend so I'm hoping your half is fun, but safe! I hope you post a picture of you and your sister at the race - that would be fun to see. Good luck and hang in there!
ReplyDeleteQuiet is good! I like your approach, checking one thing off at a time. I'm trying to use it! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see how you do tomorrow. As fast as you've gotten lately, I have NO DOUBT you could sub-2 if you wanted to. And if it wasn't Hades hot outside.
ReplyDeletethe Hades hot part is going to be the part that determines the day :)
DeleteIf you can do a sub-2, I am in, I refuse to give up sis! Can't wait for tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteSame here girl! I have been feeling quiet lately too. I figured you are just REALLY excited to meet me?!
ReplyDeleteI love how that happens sometimes. You have lots going on but not much to say about it. Sort of how I feel right now with being injured and all.
ReplyDeleteSometimes sitting quietly allows the water to settle and everything becomes clear ... and the stress melts away. Hope things are going well this week :)
ReplyDeleteI have already read the report so I am late to wish good luck.
ReplyDeleteSometimes we don't have the time to blog but we are here and this is important!