Thursday, January 13, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I've been kind of quiet lately. My entire existence seems to be consumed by my youngest these days, and sometimes, I just can't wanna talk about it anymore. I love that kid with every fiber of my being, but lately it's been super tough being his mama. That said, I've taken every single kind comment to heart and filed them all away - thank you all so much. I'm hoping that once the school routine gets a little easier, I'll pull them back out and sort through them. I'm super interested in (and simultaneously terrified of) exploring a GFCF diet, but the fact that he ALREADY doesn't eat ANYTHING makes me shy away at this point.

2. On Monday I got out for a wonderful little run. And then it proceeded to SNOW LIKE MAD. And now, I'm neck deep in priming and painting our basement. Add shovelling to that and I'm an achy sore mess, so I'm totally counting it as strength training.

3. I joined Tall Mom's 1000+ mile club. BRING ON 2011!!!

14 comments:

  1. I definitely count shovelling as strength training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for snow! and agree w/the comment above!

    way to join 1000+ mile club! go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yes shoveling is great strength training. I'd count it as cardio too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you. are.awesome.

    motherhood is not easy. I so wish it came with an instruction manual.

    hugs from AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to get together for a run so you can just talk away your worries and I can just listen :)

    I am happy you got out for a run on Monday! I was supposed to, but my train was late. I wasn't happy to see the snow the next day (running-wise, it made me happy snowshoeing-wise!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's interesting. I had to google GFCF diet. The only other place I had seen "gluten free, casein free" was on Angie Bee's blog. I didn't realize it was an autism thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, BTW, I joined Tall Mom's club too. I'm sucking so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are here for you! I understand the difficulties of parenting. It can really take it's toll. Stay strong and keep shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I joined Tall Mom's club too!! Here's to 1,000 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shoveling totally counts.

    I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I hear you on the kid not eating anything. When my youngest was struggling (he sounds extremely similar to yours) people suggested I change his diet. I just kept saying that maybe if he ate ANYTHING his whole personality would be different and that I wasn't going to cut out the very little amount of food he actually would eat.

    Just so you know you aren't alone with all of this, my son got a reset at school yesterday because his anger was out of control. He crumpled up a paper and stomped around and I think he threw things. His teacher handled the whole thing well to not escalate it and then sent me an email later. My heart breaks for him because I just love him so much and want to protect him from himself. I have 4 kids. He is the only one of them to even ever get a reset at school. This whole thing is scary and sad and I totally understand what you mean about all of it and the exhausting emotions.

    I am thinking good thoughts for you! If you need anything, or just want to talk or hang out, please let me know. I start school next week, but I'll still have several days available if you need a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there - my 21 year old is about to wear us out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. shoveling is definitely a strength training workout. good luck with 1000+ mile club!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's around 25 miles a week ... good luck

    ReplyDelete
  14. GfCf is sooo hard. We tried it and had to stop with A because she was loosing weight because she just got gosh darn so picky. I need to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete